Friday, April 5, 2013

Tuesday, April 2/2013

I was up early this morning and I fear it is going to be a warm one again today.  The bus needs to go in for its 8:00 a.m. appointment but I have a while before then.
With coffee made, I sit for a bit and check out the goings on on Facebook.  This is how I can keep up with all the activity back home with the family.   Most of our "kids" don't hesitate to share their lives through this social media which is a good thing for me as I can keep myself informed!!
The bus was dropped off and John was very impressed with the mechanic.  He started the engine, tinkered and bit and new exactly where it was leaking in a matter of minutes.  Fortunately for us, it is the easiest gasket to change and the bus should be ready by the end of the day!!  Woo Hoo!!
While John was busy at the fix it shop, I scooted over to the hardware store and bought a nozzle for the hose so that Kay and I could water the flower seeds that we planted out in the desert the other day.  While there, I also bought a Hoola Hoe.  Now, I have never seen such a handy little contraption for  hoeing weeds so I bought  two!!   One for here and one for home.
Back at the park, John and I sat and enjoyed a cup of coffee out by the fence.  The birds are singing away like crazy.  They are happy today!
Once coffee was over, it was time to get the shed turned.  With the jeep in position and the winch ready, John rigged the shed so that it could be moved with the winch.  It actually worked very well.  It took a while to get it positioned where John wanted it but with the help of Ray and Kay, it got to where it needed to be.
Tomorrow, Kay and I will scoot into the Home Depot in Surprise and get the siding for it.  The stuff I bought from Johnson's Lumber will go back as we have found some stuff that would be better.  And, it is cheaper too!!
With the shed turned, John started taking off some of the existing siding that still remained on it.  He had stripped some of it off yesterday while Kay and I had started cleaning it out in an attempt to make it a bit lighter for the move.
Just as we were about to call it a day as far as work goes, the fix it shop called and said that the bus was ready so we jumped into he jeep and headed down there to pick it up.
We then stopped to empty the sewer tank and fill it with propane before heading back to the park.  Now it is pretty much ready for its trip home.
Ray bought a little cement mixer the other day as he is hoping to build a brick/cement wall along the perimeter of their front yard and mixed up a "test" batch of cement to try it out.  He cemented an area in front of
Shed stripped and ready to move

The yard is huge with the bus out


Kay supervising

Using the wall for a anchor

Add caption

It's moving

Almost there

Done
one of his sheds and it actually turned out quite well so he is rather pleased about that.  Hopefully there will be a rather awesome looking fence in their yard when we return next winter.
Finally....time to sit and relax and enjoy a beer!!  It has been a busy day but we got a lot done and that is always a good thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment