Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Monday, April 15/2013

My eyeballs popped open at 6:00 a.m. this morning.  I guess I am rested enough considering I spent most of yesterday "lounging" around the bus not really doing anything.
I did manage to remain in bed until 8 then decided that I was getting bed sores so got up, got the coffee going and got the blog caught up.
Kay and I headed into town to do some running this morning.  I had to stop and pay the insurance on the trailer, grab some cheap nurses uniforms for the summer hours I already have booked, hit the dog food place........ always something to do.
It was the big "DC" ride today and some of the streets were closed to allow the horses access to the trail but Kay and I managed to skirt around them and when we finally headed back to the park, the riders had already left, leaving piles of horse poop all over the road.  There was a clean up crew shovelling it up but I can't imagine how they felt when the vehicles smashed it into the pavement!   It was not a pretty sight.
Back at the park, I cleaned out more cupboards and John finally got the last of the trim on the shed,  Now it is ready for paint so hopefully the wind dies down and Ray is able to spray it before we leave.  If not, the siding has primer on it so it will be fine until we return in the fall.
Ray was busy today building my bird feeder.  I have been coveting his since I saw it so the last time Kay and I went into Home Depot, I bought a treated 4x4 and asked him to make me one.  Now it is built and standing, just waiting for a nice big birdseed block.  It is awesome.  Ray even brought me over a bit of bird seed to put on the platform so that the birds could get used to it.
With the shed done and the bird feeder standing, we were able to finally sit and enjoy the evening.
Ray's sister Karen and her husband "Big" Duff came over with friends of theirs to hopefully catch a glimpse of the javelina and were rewarded with several of the stinky little things.  I threw lots of food out to them so the folks were able to get some good pics.
Big Duff  did not get out of the truck as he is still feeling the effects of his crash and burn on the trail the other day.  He is still major sore but at least he is getting up and moving.  He did tell John when he asked about the damage on the quad that it is now a "little shorter" on the front end!!
I showed him the snake skin that Kay and I tanned and mounted and he was quite impressed and has asked us to do one for him as well.   That of course will be next year territory but hopefully Ray is able to catch a few rattlesnakes this summer and keep them in the freezer for us.
Once the company left, we sat outside until the usual coolness set into the evening.  Then, it was time to get the campfire going and we sat around it for a while.  It has been rather breezy all day and the smoke was swirling around and I am sure we are all going to smell like bonfire when we go to bed tonight.
Once again, it was another great day with more stuff getting done towards our leaving and then taking time to enjoy the simple things in life....like being with good friends and counting our blessings.   Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment