Friday, April 26, 2013

Tuesday, April 23/2013

The sun is once again shining and another hot day is ahead of us.  I have to scoot into town today to pick up a few things and fax away the paper work required for "exporting" the Ford truck we bought into Canada.
With that job done, it was time to just sit in the air conditioning and wait for happy hour!!
The heat of the day finally abated and I was able to go outside and actually get something done.  I had put through two loads of laundry and that is now all put away then, I got the window cleaner out and did the windows of the Ford truck.  Now it has nice clean windows for me.  John finished making the mirror extensions and they are now painted and on the truck and I can now finally see down the sides of the camper.  Much safer for the drive home!!
John and Ray walked over to the storage shed to see if the jeep would fit into it and I think we will be leaving it here for the summer.  That would be cool and the jeep would be inside.  Ray has no problem storing it for the summer.
Mitch arrived from work and then Marybeth arrived shortly after that  The six of us sat around until dark chatting and enjoying each other's company.  It is nice to be able to sit around with friends after a long day.
The javalina arrived but not till it was almost dark.  It was the "twin" gang tonight.  I think the two "gangs" take turns coming for their treats.
John started a fire tonight and we sat around it for a while.  Soon it was time for supper.  I had a chicken in the slow cooker and that, combined with potatoes, stuffing, vegetables and gravy made up out meal tonight.  Yummy!!
Mitch wants to get his porch painted before the summer so I think we may be helping him do that tomorrow so,  I had better get my rest.   Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment