Friday, April 19, 2013

Thursday, April 18/2013

Today, Hogan has an appointment at the vet for a final check up before we head home.  With that in mind, him and I head into town to get that over with.  He got a clean bill of health but has somehow managed to gain 4 pounds since his last visit.  I guess I had better stop feeding him "people" food!!  With his thyroid cancer diagnosis and his life expectancy, I have been rather lax with his food so I had better stop it with that nonsense and get him back to eating properly.  He just may fool us all and live longer than his prognosis and we can't have him fat!!
The wind is not much of an issue today and the painting of the shed is on the agenda.  Kay has text me and said to get it ready.  By that she meant, to cover the screens and move anything around it.  With that done, Ray came over and got his sprayer ready and before we knew it, the shed was painted and looking awesome.
Because there was paint left over, Ray decided to use the rest of it as a base coat on the cement wall that surrounds our back yard.  John and I have plans to paint the wall next year and a base coat is needed so the rest of the paint was used and now the wall is looking even better.
The clean up of the paint sprayer took longer than it took to do the actual painting.  It was a nasty job but I told Ray that I would clean the sprayer if he did the painting.   Ray was cool with that arrangement but actually did help me.
With the clean up done, Kay and I did a bit more "cleaning" of the yard which included dumping the fire pit ashes and clipping a few branches off the trees.
While we were out in the empty acres today, Kay noticed a strange looking little insect.  It was only about an inch and a half long but Kay saw it scurrying along the ground.  She was able to capture it and confirm that it was a baby praying mantis.  I even got to have it in my hand!!  It was totally awesome and once we oohed and awed over it, we let it go merrily on its way.  It would be so cool to see an adult version of this little guy!!
I took a load of laundry up to Mitch's and threw it into the machine then returned home to sit and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.  MaryBeth came by and had two boxes of produce that the store was going to throw away so she shared some with me for the javelina.  It was mostly potatoes and apples and I know my little piggies will love them.
We then spent a quiet evening watching TV and I did a quick beef and broccoli stir fry for supper, accompanied by rice.
The javalina did come and did enjoy their treats.  They were late tonight but it is always good to see the triplets and how they are growing.
Kay won at shuffleboard tonight so she was happy about that.  The money came back to the park!!  I didn't even hear them come home so they must have been very quiet.
It has been a busy day and it felt good to finally lay in bed and give way to sleep.  Both Hogan and I were more than ready!!


No comments:

Post a Comment