Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunday, April 21/2013

Since I was one of the first to leave the campfire and head to bed last night, I am awake early this morning.  It is only 6:15 and I see the javelina are out milling around and if I wasn't so lazy, I would go throw them some food.  They will return later today so that is when they can get their treats.
I see a cardinal sitting on my new feeder stand and that is a good thing.  The birds are finally getting used to it.  I am out of birdseed and have no plans to buy more as we will be leaving here in a few days.  Ray threw some of his seed onto the stand so that is what is drawing the birds to the feeder.
Today, I will continue to tie up a few more loose ends as far as getting things ready for our departure.
It was 88F today and the air conditioning in the bus came in very handy!!   It wass too hot out to do anything in the sun so I did manage to get a few more cupboards cleaned and ready for travel.
Once the heat of the day abated, we all sat outside enjoying a few drinks.  MaryBeth had brought over some shrimp and we snacked on those until the early evening when both she and Mitch headed home as they both have to work in the morning.
Ray headed into the house and John got busy finishing the job of organizing the travel trailer so now that job too, is done.  He also finally got the hasp lock on the shed so it is ready for the padlock when we finally leave.
Steak and baked potatoes were on the supper menu tonight and once that was out of the way, it was time for Hogan and I to call it a day.  I think the bed linen is on the agenda for tomorrow.  I will take it to the laundromat as Mitch's wash machine can not handle the large quilts and blankets.
All in all, another good day.
Kay's sun - with the flash on the camera

Kay's sun lit at night.  It is Awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment