Friday, April 26, 2013

Thursday, April 25/2013

Today will be spend putting the final touches on the packing.  We are headed down the road on Friday so there will not be much left to do after today.
The yard is clean and the trailer is tidy.   The fridge in the camper is turned on and ready when I transfer the frozen food from it.  the bus is pretty much ready for "the road".  Hogan needs a bath as he is filthy so that will be done tomorrow.
The travel trailer is packed and ready and John and I took it up to Mitch's for the night.  We will hook the bus up to it tomorrow as there is more room to do it up at his place.
We are pretty much ready.
I walked around the front of the bus in a final check of the yard and found myself face to face with a rattlesnake!!  I think it had just crawled out of the woodpile and was on its way through the fence.  He wasn't too terribly interested in me as he didn't really stop his slithering progress.  He was about 3 feet long and had six buttons on his tail and didn't even bother to use them.  He was not concerned with me at all.  I certainly gave him a wide birth but worried about his whereabouts for the rest of the night.
We all gathered around for happy hour and said our goodbyes to Mitch.  He will be working tomorrow when we take off.
It was an early evening for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment