Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sunday, April 28 / 2013

Heading out
Once again, we are on the road and every mile driven gets us closer to home.  Today, Salt Lake City is on the agenda and if it goes as well as driving through Las Vegas did then it will be clear sailing all the way home.

Getting greener




Woo Hoo, Salt Lake City is behind us and once again, no incidents!!  Perhaps I am a better driver than I thought I was.  High fives to me!!  Now, we are out of Utah and into Idaho.
Our spot for the night
Our spot for the night was just outside of Pocatello, Idaho.  John went a found a parking spot while I gassed up the truck.  When I got to where he was parked, he pointed to the gas tank and when I got out of the truck,  I noticed I had forgot to put the gas cap back on!!   Shit, Oh Dear.  I quickly got back into the truck to go retrieve it (we were only a block away from the gas pumps) and when I got there, found it smashed in a million pieces.  Someone had obviously ran over it.  Who would do such a thing?    Well, not only have I lost a wheel liner, I now have lost a gas cap!!  Can it get any better than this ??!!
I am sure that John is wondering if there will be anything left of the truck by the time we get home!!
Nice surroundings
We are surrounded by mountains and although the scenery is beautiful, it is so very windy out.  We used the camper as a wind break and were able to sit outside to enjoy a refreshment.  The weather was warm enough, but the wind made it a bit nasty.




A little windy
I added a bunny hug to my outfit as I was yet unprepared to abandon my flip flops and Capri's.   While sitting there, we heard some Canada geese flying by and knew we were on the right path.   All in all  it was another good day of driving and we are eating up the miles and getting closer to home.  Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment