Friday, April 26, 2013

Monday, April 22/2013

Once again, I am up early and already the sun is shining so it looks like we are in for another hot day.  It was 88 F (31 C) here yesterday and Kimmy just text saying it was -14C (6F) yesterday at home.  Today it is a balmy -11C!!   Gosh, will it ever warm up at home?
Once I got the bus straightened out, tidied up and the dishes done, I gathered up the linen and headed to the laundromat.  Luckily, I was the only one in the joint and got the big washer (it holds 6 loads) and stuffed the thick quilts into it and then sat down and read my book.  90 minutes later, the linen was done and I was headed back to the bus where I remained inside, in the air conditioning until the early evening.
Happy hour starts at 4:00 p.m. and I was ready to venture out by then.  Kay and I started, then, were soon joined by Ray and John.  Mary Beth got off work around 5:30 and let us know when she was home so that Kay and I could go up to her place and get her Tiki Bar.  She wanted to get rid of it so John decided that we could use it on the deck next year!!  It is a cute little thing and should look good on the deck.
Mary Beth then joined us and Mitch arrived from work shortly after that.
The javelina arrived - it was the "triplet" gang.  They got their treats and then actually hung around outside the fence relaxing for quite a while after that.  Several of them actually laid down and just "chilled" for a while.   I got some awesome pics of the adults licking the babies.  It was too cute.  See....even stinky little piggies love their children and make sure they are clean and sparkling!!
Eventually, it was time for folks to head home.
I headed in for a shower and when I got out, I found John and Kay playing cards so was convinced to sit in for a game.  As it turned out.....I won!!  Woo Hoo!!
What a great way to end the day.   Life is Good.
The Javelina relaxing




Busy hummingbird with lazy javelina in background



No comments:

Post a Comment