Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wednesday, April 10/2013

I am up early and that is only right as I was in bed real early last night.
Ray has left for the day as he promised to go on one last ride with his family before they start heading back home to Idaho for the summer.
Kay decided not to join them so her and I will hang out again today.
After sitting by the fence for a while this morning, it was time to start on a few odd jobs.  She got busy cleaning off the last six bricks of all the debris so that in the fall, when we arrive back here, the brick fence will be ready to paint.
While she was doing that, I went into the camper and oiled and waxed the cupboards as they were screaming for some moisture.  I don't think anyone took care of all that lovely wood....ever.   Now, they look a bit better but I think I will give them another treatment tomorrow.   I will also do the wood in the bus while I am at it.  They could use a "bit of love" as well.
Once we were done with these jobs, we headed into town and got a few more pieces of wood for the final trim along the bottom of the shed.  This will hopefully discourage any little critters from getting underneath the shed although I am afraid that if something wants to get under, it darn well will.
With our return to the park, Kay got busy washing and cleaning the inside of her truck while I started cleaning and organizing under the bays of the motorhome.  I also started gathering some of the little knick knacks I had along the fence and got those put away.  I figure if I do a little bit everyday, then I won't have to do the mad dash to get things done before we head out of here.
Ray arrived back home from his ride and he looked tired.  His eyes were red from all the dust (no one wears goggles around here) and he said they felt like someone threw sand in his face.  He said it was a long ride and mentioned that Big Duff (Ray's brother in law) flipped his quad and hurt himself.  After that, he was unable to ride so Ray traded his seat in the side by side for Duff and ended up riding his one-up quad for the rest of the trip home.  Ray is not used to riding on anything other than the side by side so I am sure he will be feeling a bit stiff and sore tomorrow.
We heard later on in the evening that Duff had gone to the hospital and had xrays which showed no broken bones.  Just lots of nasty bruising so he will be real stiff and sore tomorrow too.  He is a big man for doing silly things on the quad.  He truly pushes the limits often going too far and like today, falling off the damn thing.  At close to 400 pounds, how in the world is anyone ever going to get him off the ground if he truly did hurt himself?  It would be a nightmare.
Marybeth came over for a while and Mitch also stopped by.  John started and fire and we sat around it until it was time for supper.  It was old fashioned hamburger stew tonight with pickled beets and fresh buns.  It was good.
As usual, I am the first to hit the sheets and together, Hogan and I slipped away into the wonders of sleep.   All in all.....another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment