Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Monday, April 8/2013

The sun is shining this morning but as predicted, the wind is blowing making it feel much cooler out.   There is a wind advisory for this area and there is also a fire ban as the desert is at great risk with all this wind.  I would hate to see what kind of damage a fire could do to this desert.
I am going to start painting the bedroom walls in the bus this morning.  I have wanted to do this for a few years now and today is the day.  There really isn't much wall but what is there needs paint so hopefully, I will get the job done without too much muss and fuss.
The painting is done and the walls look awesome.  It was a job well done.  Now, once they are dry, I will hang stuff back up on the hooks and call it a day.  Wow, it turned out so well that I think I just may paint the main part of the bus as well.  It could use a good refurbishing and I have plenty of paint left over.  That I think is a job for back home though.  We will see.  Time is running short here and I don't know if I can work it into my very busy schedule down here!!
With the painting done, Kay and I sat outside for a bit but were chased inside due to the wind and blowing sand.  Man, this wind really sucks.  Marybeth arrived and the three of us sat in the trailer having more "girl" time.  Tomorrow, Kay and I have promised her that we would go over to her place (she too lives in this park) and help her clean out her shed.  She has a yard sale she is participating in and wants to get all the sale items out of the shed.  Gosh, I hope the shed is not full of creepy spiders and snakes!!
Marybeth went home and John joined us shortly after that.  He had been working on the shed and it is now fully enclosed.  It needs trim and the roof done but that is tomorrow's job.
Of course with the three of us sitting around the table, the dice and the cards  came out and we were soon engrossed in trying to win each other's money.   I quit long before John and Kay but by the sounds of things, John scooped a lot of Kay's quarters.  I heard her say something about getting them back before we leave here!!
It was pizza for supper, or should I say midnight snack.  Either way, it was good and hit the spot.  I was in bed soon after eating as cleaning a shed when you are "under the weather" is not something I want to experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment