Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sunday, April 14/2013

I was awake early and surprisingly felt pretty good despite the fact that I was a one person party last night!!  Actually we were all feeling pretty good but some of us (namely me) had to take it one step further!!  Rest assured, last night was Marie's last kick at the cat before heading home!!
Trueman and Roger came for a visit this morning so it was a good thing that I was up and in the land of the living.  They stopped to say goodbye as they knew that John and I would be heading home before too long.   They stayed for about an hour and I sent them away with the loaf of banana bread I had sitting in the freezer for them.  It was good the chat with both of them and I found out that Roger had an "incident" in the wash a few weeks ago where he fell and dislocated his artificial hip.  Trueman found him lying in the wash about two hours later and had to call the fire dept and the paramedics.  Roger was taken by road ambulance into Phoenix where his hip was popped back into place and he was released later that same day.  What an adventure for them and one neither of them wants to repeat!!
With their departure, I got the bus cleaned up a bit more then layed on the bed watching TV and reading my book.
This is where I spent the rest of the day!!  Having quiet time with the dog and catching up on all my shows.
John cooked ribs for supper and I added rice and asparagus to round out the meal.  The ribs were delicious as always.  Keith, you would have loved them and I must say....I miss how you appreciated my cooking.
Then, it was more TV and then sleep.  Man, what a wasted day!!  I guess that is what I get when I party the night before.   There is that song again.....The Old Gray Mare......she ain't what she used to be...........LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment