Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thursday, April 11/2013

The sun is shining and the birds are singing and I am so sad to hear that there is blizzard back home.  Kimmy (bless her heart) is ready to commit suicide with the continuing snowfall.   Her and everyone else have had enough of winter.
Today, I must get the boards I bought yesterday painted so that John can finish the bottom trim.  Also, Kay and I are supposed to be going to get some wood for tonight's campfire.  John and I saw some lying across the road the other day and I am sure it will burn quite well in the "ball of fire" which, by the way, is now sitting very crooked as the legs are slowly folding on it.  See.... I told him it was a piece of junk.  It is strictly "eye candy"-----looks nice but not very practical for the kinds of fires we have and as often as we have them.   I think a new one is in order for next year!!
I got busy on painting the six boards that Kay and I got yesterday to finish off the bottom trim on the shed so now all that is needed is for them to be pounded onto the shed and that job is done.  It actually looks pretty good.  Ray said he would paint it with his spray gun so that is a good thing.
The cupboards in the camper look way better than they did and I did indeed put another coat of the conditioner on them.  I will leave that on and wipe it off (if it all hasn't absorbed) in a day or two.
The chair base for John's captain's chair arrived today so that means that it will be fixed tomorrow.  Hopefully that is not too nasty of a job.
Kay headed down to play shuffleboard tonight by herself as Mitch was still at work and Ray was not so inclined to join her.  She returned early and spent an hour with John and I before heading home.  I made her a couple of egg salad sandwiches for supper (one of her favourites) and shortly after that she called it a night.
John and I spent the evening relaxing and having "quiet" time.  No partying tonight.  Thursdays are our night off!!



No comments:

Post a Comment