Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thursday, March 29/2012

Well the sun is shining and already it is hot.  I can certainly tell that the days are most definitely getting warmer and I just can't imagine how I would handle the summer temperatures when they reach the triple digits!!  Most assuredly, the fricken rattlesnakes will now be out and about so, everyone has to be on their toes once again.
Ray saw a big lizard go into his garage the other day.  He said it was about 6 or 8 inches long.  I didn't see it but Hogan chased it out and it went under his deck.  The little creature kept Hogan busy for a while though!!
Kay caught a horned toad the other day and let it go under our deck.  She  said it would catch and eat lots of insects so I am cool with that.
Today I headed into the hardware store to pick up the stain that I had ordered the other day so now I have enough to hopefully do all the trim on this renovation.
Marybeth is having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday and asked if John and I wanted to buy one of the table and chair sets she had for sale so we walked back to her place and I am now the proud owner of one of the sets.  I now have some place to sit once the kitchen cupboards go back on the walls!!
It is shuffleboard night tonight and hopefully I will be just the scorekeeper.  As it turned out, I was forced to play as Mitch was down as a player and he had returned to Utah.  Cloud and I were partners and I must say that neither of us really played all that well!!  We were not in the running for the money!!  Ray and Kay ended up with the loot!!
Being designated driver again, I ended up bringing Ray home early then heading back to the bar to wait for John and Kay.
We closed down the Bar Seven (after Erika and I kicked John and Kay's ass at the shuffleboard table) then headed over to the Mecca to close that down as well.  Erika came with us and fun was had by all - well except for the DD!!
We met Bill and Dena over there so had a chat with them as well.  It was good to see them again
Finally, the Mecca closed and I herded the two partiers home and was so glad to finally be in my bed!!
Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment