Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thursday, March 15/2012

The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  What more can a girl ask for!!  Hopefully, the ceiling will get painted today and we can start on the walls.
The partying lasted into the wee hours of the morning so I am not sure just how energetic the troops will be today so we will wait and see.  Perhaps today will be a day of rest.
Since I went to bed early, I think I will take a stab at cleaning the tools and stuff off the floor and getting some sort of organized confusion going just in case the ceiling paint is a go.  There is no point in tripping over all sorts of crap while one is trying to work.
Ray and Kay were up and put in a few hours at the shop they are rejuvenating.  Ray came over to investigate the paint sprayer that Mitch had brought me and found it to be super dirty and not working.  We tried for about an hour to get it going but eventually had to admit defeat.  I think it might need to be buried.  Whoever used it last certainly did not clean it out properly and now I fear it is damaged beyond repair.
With Mitch's sprayer down, Ray tried his which also proved to be non functioning so that left me to paint the ceiling the "old fashion"way - with a roller.  It went remarkably fast, especially with Ray going around the edges with the paint brush.  I was done by 3:00 in the afternoon.  Of course I was covered with paint - from head to toe and required a good scrubbing.  With that being done, I was in time for happy hour of which I was the only initial participant!!
We met Lorne and Marilyn at the Seven and spent a rather pleasant evening watching the tournament and listening to the banter of the participants as they made their shots - or didn't!!  Kay and John were partners and I must say that had it not been for Kay's skill at the table, John would never have attained the second place finish they ended with - thus getting their $5.00 entry fee back!!
I was the designated driver again tonight as I find that I definitely cannot keep up to the "big dogs" when it comes to partying so I don't even try.  Once at home, I poured myself a spiced rum and enjoyed one final drink before heading to bed.  I left the other three hoolios on their own!!!  I do believe it was another late night for them so perhaps the wall will not get built tomorrow either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment