Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wednesday, March 28/2012

It looks like it is going to be another nice day.  I have to scoot into town today and pick up the stain for the trim and then hurry home so that the wood can be stained and then put up on the walls.  I think the dark trim will really contrast well with the colour of the walls.  I can't wait to see it!!
Mitch stopped by this morning to say goodbye as he is headed for Utah today.  He is hoping to be working by Monday so that will be great for him.  He is anxious to go but had to stop and say goodbye to us and Hogan.
Ray and Kay are off to their job again this morning.  They are hopefully going to be able to paint the outside of the building with Ray's new paint sprayer.  Everyone is busy and that is probably a good thing.
I'm back from town and my stain did not come in today so was assured that it will be here tomorrow.  Since I had to mail a sympathy card to folks back home, I stopped at Stewart's Hardware just to see if they might have some of the stain and was lucky enough to find one can.  Woo Hoo!!  With my treasure in hand, I headed for home ready to paint my little heart out.
John was busy today,  starting on the panels of the hallway.  Things sure go faster when one is working with straight sheets of panelling.  The only thing that was holding up progress today was some wiring and after he shocked himself for the third time,  the job was done and the switches were working!!
I was busy staining all the trim so now it just needs to be measured, cut and attached to the wall.  I think it is going to look good.  Once the trim is up, the floor can go down and that will be an interesting adventure as neither one of us really knows what they are doing and are simply "winging" this reno!!
Happy hour couldn't roll around quick enough today and we all sat around chit chatting about everything and nothing.  It is a great life if you don't weaken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment