Sunday, March 18, 2012

Monday, March 12/2012

Up early again this morning and the sun is shining.  There are all kinds of birds singing today so I am sitting  here having my first cup of coffee and enjoying the symphony.  I seem to have missed the morning visit of the javelina today so will have to watch for them tonight.
Keith and Charlotte are supposed to be coming for a visit so it will be nice to see them and catch up on all their news.  I must remember to text them and have Charlotte bring in her binoculars so that she can do some birdwatching while she is here.  Hopefully, the javelina will make an appearance for her as well.
I should get into gear this morning and get some of my running around done so that I am not out and about when company arrives.
Today, we hope to start on the ceiling so I sure hope that all goes well.
Happy hour

New pin wheels, Weeeeeeeee!

Mary Beth

Ray and Tom

Kay

Hogan getting some lovin

Back from the stores and once again, the jeep is full.  Shop till you drop - what a great saying!!  I have decided to make a macaroni salad for supper.  That will go nicely with the bbq'd burgers John has been asking for and it is quick and simple to make.  This way, everything will be done once we are finished with the work in the trailer.
Ray got busy with the patching on the ceiling and John has decided to strip the panelling out of the second bedroom.  Gosh, he is like a bull in a china shop when it comes to stripping all that panelling.  He even took a swing at the window (which actually was only a half a window) and I do mean a swing!!  Kay and I were sitting outside enjoying a much deserved break when all of a sudden the calm was shattered by the sound of breaking glass.  Of course it flew everywhere as it hit the cement just below.  (I wonder who will be cleaning up that mess?)  All John said was "well, we needed a new one anyway!!"
With Ray finished with the patches on the ceiling, it was time for happy hour.  Our trusty supervisor (Marybeth) arrived (wine in hand) to survey the days work and provide her comments on our progress.  Once the work has passed inspection, we sat in the sunshine enjoying the new dragonflies I had purchased.  They are cute and I am sure will provide us with hours of entertainment (we have no life!!).
Friends of Ray and Kay's came over for a quick visit and it was nice to finally meet Pat (Tom's wife).  We have been quadding with Tom and few times but have never met his wife.  They were over to make arrangements for the quads for the ride tomorrow.
Once they left, we continued to sit outside, eventually starting a fire and enjoying the evening.  Keith and Charlotte were not able to make it in today as Keith had some work issues that had to be dealt with.  The javelina came for a visit and chowed down on the dog food that both Ray and I had set out for them.  Hogan was initially a little put out at them for existing but soon settled and ignored them.  Hopefully he will become a bit more tolerant of the little creatures so that they get less skittish around him.
As we continued to enjoy the evening, Billy Drunk Shoes (aka Ray) and Johnnie One More (aka John) joined the party.  Because Kay is a bit vertically challenged, John calls her "Hobbit" and as far as I know, I have not had a name bestowed upon me (and that just may be a good thing!!)  Our motto for our motley little group here is "NO MERCY"  and that is exactly what is handed out to each of us.  It just does not matter what the topic of conversation is.....you will get "no mercy"!!  There is also the "yawn you're gone" saying that is often thrown back and forth in this group!!
John eventually cooked the burgers and supper was available to those who wished to partake.  Of course that was only Ray and I as the other two were not quite ready yet!!  Once Ray and I ate though, it was time for bed which left Johnnie One More and Hobbit at the fire.  I am not sure when their party ended but the lights were still on at 2:00 a.m.!!
All in all, it was another awesome day in the Arizona sun.  Good friends, good food, good beer and no mercy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment