Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saturday, March 10/2010

Today the sun is shining and it looks to be another nice day.  Hogan has been out and took a run at one of the javelina and I think he forgot there was a fence there as he ran right into it in his attempt to give chase.  What a sad excuse for a dog!!  It is a good thing we love him or we just may have to give him away - just for being dumb.  Maudy, one of Kay's cats took no guff from him the other day and scared the crap out of him!!  He thought she was going to run!!  Well didn't he get such a surprise when she gave chase to him with her claws out and snarling like a cougar.  I think Hogan shook for an hour after that!!
Today, John and I took the upper cabinets down in the kitchen of the trailer.  We thought they would look better if they were not clinging to the roof, but instead were hung about three inches lower.  It was an easy job and we had them down in no time.  Well, I guess we found out why they were attached up so high - there is a rather large hole in the ceiling that will now have to be patched before we redo the ceiling!!
With the cabinets resting safely on the floor, John and Ray walked around forming a plan of action which I do believe will start tomorrow with a few minor repairs to a couple of spots on the ceiling then,  once it has dried, I will start with the fluffy roller and redo the ceiling and put some texture on it.  Once that is done, the paint will go up and PRESTO, the ceilings will be done!!  Woo Hoo!!
It was soon time for happy hour and while we sat enjoying the sun, I took a needle and some string and attempted to sew one of our fancy chairs we had picked up at Cabelas a year ago.  It now is the proud owner of a huge rip in the seat and has been delegated to Hogan.  I managed to stab myself only a few times much to the amusement of Kay!!  Oh, go ahead and laugh - I can't possibly allow Hogan to sit in a ripped chair!!
The wind had been blowing off and on all day and once the sun started going down, it got chilly enough for us to move into the warm confines of Ray and Kay's wonderful back yard.   Ray fired up the chiminea and it was soon very toasty back there.  We sat around enjoying the company and eventually, I ate an awesome chill dog (never had one of those before!!) and found it surprisingly delicious.  Mmmm.....
It was soon time for me to head to bed - I was "full".  As Kay (or maybe it was John) pointed out, I can not keep up to the "big dogs" when it comes to beer drinking!!   I am a cheap drunk!!  Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment