Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sunday, March 25/2012

Hogan and I are up early and there are two javelina out chowing down on the food that was left for them.  The "encounter" from the other day has certainly not distracted them from their visits.  While they were here, I went out and threw them some apples (which they love) and some dog biscuits.  Hogan was on this side of the fence (where he will remain from now on) growling and posturing and it is apparent that he did not learn any lessons from the other night.  These creatures have the ability to inflict a lot of damage and even kill.   Karen was telling us yesterday that she heard about a dog being attacked by 5 javelina and the dog required massive suturing to close all its wounds.
It was supposed to be windy today (according to the forecast) but there is not a breath of wind at all.  BONUS!!  The birds are singing happily and the sun is shining.   It looks like it is going to be another awesome day.
Ray is outside at the moment painting the trim around his garage.  That is his project for today.  He also said last night that he will make his Green Chili Stew for supper and promised not to make it the "burn your mouth off" kind.  Kay, on the other hand says if we are going to live down here for six months of the year we have to learn to eat like the rest of them!!  OH DEAR - I should stock a bunch of Tums - just in case!!
Today, I want to put the second coat of polyurethane on the bedroom walls.  Once that is done, the trim can go up (the stain for that is coming in on Wednesday) and the floor can be laid and stained.  Then, once the million coats of Varathane is on it,  the bedroom will officially be done!!  Woo Hoo!!
Well although I intended to get the second coat to polyurethane on the walls, that just didn't happen.   I did however take the weed killer and sprayed the remaining weeds in the yard.  I missed several when I did it the first time so it was much easier as I could see what needed to be dealt with.  Hopefully now all the greenery will be brown and crisp by the time we leave here.
Marybeth came over her for a short visit and since everyone was watching Nascar, her and I sat outside and chatted until she had to return home to decide what she would be preparing for dinner.
Eventually, everyone gathered for Happy Hour.  Lorne and Marilyn arrived (late again!!)  and stayed for a few before heading back into town.  We have an invitation to join them for supper on Tuesday so hopefully we can get our act together and go.  They are planning on leaving Wednesday to will start their leisurely drive home following the warm weather.
Mitch arrived just before Lorne and Marilyn left.  He had just returned from golfing in Mesa with his niece and her husband so was full of stories from his adventure.
We moved into the garage once again as there was a wind blowing and it was starting to get chilly.  Ray fired up the heater and it was soon cozy in there.  Too cozy sometimes when my "tropical moments" arrived and I was forced to stand outside to cool down!!  Turbo (Kay's cat) and Hogan seem to be getting along a bit better and I am sure eventually they too will become friends.
Ray did indeed make his green chill stew and it was delicious.  It had just enough "bite" to make it scrumptious.  It definitely was not "blow your face off hot" and for that I thank him.
I must tell you readers that I stayed up partying with everyone till 11:00 o'clock tonight which,  is about three hours longer than I usually do!!  Woo Hoo!!  Once 11:00 o'clock hit though, it was time for my beauty rest so Hogan and I left the party and crawled into bed where I was able to watch the gold medal final of the women's curling.  Unfortunately, Canada was not in it.
John came in shortly after I did and was able to catch the end on the game as well.
All in all, it was another good day and although not much work was done, it was great just to sit around and enjoy our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment