Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thursday, March 22/2012

Oh the sun is shining and it is supposed to be hot again today.   Darn!!  And to think that the folks back home have just been through another snow storm and lousy roads.  The kids have posted some pics on Facebook showing the road conditions and I am so glad that we are here and not there!!
I headed into town early this morning to do some running around and once back at home, I had the big decision as to what colour to use for the trim in the bedroom.  We had decided on a darker brown to accent the colour of the walls but I was having trouble deciding.  I was not happy with the dark walnut stain I had purchased as it was not dark enough.  Ray and Kay came home about the time I was deep in deliberation and Kay brought me a darker stain that her and Ray had used on their home.  Once I had that colour on the boards and up against the walls, it was decided!!  It looked much better than the colour I had so now,  I must go back into town tomorrow to see if I can find the darker colour.
With the decision being made on the trim, I started putting the polyurethane on the walls to protect that colour.  I was using a small brush initially then Kay took mercy on me and went to find me a larger brush.  I was done in a few hours with the larger brush but after inspection, have decided that the walls do need another coat so will actually use a roller to put the second coat on.  John was busy putting up more panelling and mucking with the switches.  All in all, the place is coming along rather nicely.
Happy hour arrived and it appeared that I was the only one to enjoy it.  John laid down for a nap before the shuffleboard tournament and I believe Ray and Kay were also taking some "quiet" time.  It appeared that Hogan and I were the last one's standing!!   I put some bird seed out and in no time had entertainment.  Once my first beer was gone, I took a leisurely bath (getting all the paint off me) and got ready for the Bar 7.  When I got settled in the chair for my second beer, Ray arrived and together we watched the birds and the antics of two cottontail bunnies as they frolicked in the open area outside the fence.
Ray's brother in law Duff stopped over for a quick visit and took a look at the progress of the trailer.   We mentioned to him that we were planning on going for a quad ride on Saturday and asked him to join us.
Eventually, we were all ready to head to the tournament so we piled into the car and headed out.  Once there, I found out that I was playing as someone did not show up - Oh Brother.  As it turned out, Kay was my partner and she is such an awesome player that my first thought was "Oh Dear, No Pressure There!!"
It is a very good thing she doesn't care if she wins or loses as my playing skills are very limited!!  As it turned out, we came in second place and were able to at least get out $5.00 entry fee back.  John and Ray were not so lucky!!
Lorne and Marilyn joined us at the bar again tonight and that is always fun when they are around.  Today they were driving some back roads and ended up around Stanton and Marilyn saw a cougar.  She said it blended so well with the surrounding landscape that had it not moved, she would never have seen it.  Of course, by the time she got her camera out, it was gone.  Sooo Jealous!!
After we ate supper, it was game on for our standing rivalry between the guys vs the girls.  Kay and I are currently winning and tonight proved no different.  In fact, we absolutely "killed" them at the table.  It was so sweet and since Kay and I are not ones to gloat, we will say no more.  We were really GREAT though!!  OH YA!!   And Kay got to ride "shotgun" on the way home (winners get the front seat) AND we listened to Enrique Iglasias on the way home.  Sweeter Yet!!
Once back at home, we retired to the area around the chiminea and enjoyed a few more cocktails.  Eventually I was the first to leave (Hogan was tired!!) and crawled into bed where I was able to catch the last few ends of Canada vs Italy in the Women's World Curling Championship. - Canada lost leaving them in a four way tie for first place!!
Tomorrow, I must head into town to pick up a few more supplies for the trailer and then we are headed to the Aztec Trailer Park to cut down some firewood after Ray and John make a dump run.  Another busy day is on the horizon and I must get my beauty rest.    Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment