Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thursday, March 1/2012

female cardinal

the male Northern Cardinal



First night at the new place and although there is a bit more noise, it sure did not hinder my sleep at all.  Today I awake to glorious sunshine and it looks like it will be a fine day.
It was a bit chilly last night and we actually had the opportunity to sleep with one of the electric heaters on so that was a nice change.
As I sit here in the recliner writing this blog,  two cardinals have landed in the tree directly in front of the front windows so now I have a "birds eye" view of them.  One is obviously the male as he is a brilliant red colour while the other is much more muted so I assume that would be the female.  They are absolutely beautiful and I now know where at least one of my bird feeder is going to hang.
Today, I started cleaning in the kitchen part of the trailer.  There are several kitchen cupboards that need to be cleaned along with walls and the counter tops.  John continued his distraction of the wall boards along the hallway, just outside the bathroom.
Because the junk was piling up outside and in the living room,  John went over and got Ray's truck and trailer (that has been sitting in Mitch's yard) so that all the junk can be stacked on it then,  hauled to the dump.  However, before we could stack it with junk, we had to unload some wood that Ray had on it so, we quickly got that done, stacking the wood along the side of his garage (which is actually in our yard!!).  Now that the trailer was empty, we stacked it with all the stinky wood and carpet from the mobile home.  Now that all that stinky stuff is gone, perhaps the trailer will stat to smell a whole lot better!!  NO DOUBT!!
We headed over to the Bar 7 for the shuffleboard tournament and since Mitch wanted to play, John gave up his spot on the board to him.  Earlier, John had "tweaked" his leg while working on the trailer so it was aching pretty good tonight.  He kept me company at the table as it seems I have now become the unofficial scorekeeper!!  Once the tournament was over ( Kay was once again on the winning team) we all just relaxed and enjoyed the company of the Bar 7 Gang.   John challenged Kay and I to a game of shuffleboard with Ray being his partner and I think they cheated because Kay and I got schooled by the guys!!  What is with that!!
Back at home,  Ray lit a fire in the little chiminea and we had a few more refreshments before finally heading to bed.  Man, it is so nice to be able to just walk home - no driving involved!!
We are heading to Phoenix International Raceway tomorrow for more adventure so I need my beauty rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment