Sunday, March 25, 2012

Friday, March 23/2012

The stand off!!
The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be another wonderful day.  I am up early and it appears that the javelina have already made their rounds as I do not see them this morning.   The food that is left out for them is always gone so I know they have been around.  Kay mentioned that they should be getting ready to have their babies soon as they usually have two litters a year.  Maybe we will be lucky enough to see them before we leave although I certainly will not count on it.
Today I must head into town to get a few more supplies for the trailer then John and Ray are doing a dump run.  After that, Kay and I are to meet them at the Aztec to cut some fire wood.  It will be a busy day.
John and Ray took off for the dump and Kay and I waited for their text as to when we should meet them at the Aztec.  Once we received the text, we headed off as well.
Down at the Aztec, Ray and John looked at the tree that needed to be cut down and decided that it was just too close to the house windows and the relatively newly constructed fence for them to tackle on their own. It was decided that the manager of the park would have the other tree cutter come and cut it down then we would go and cut it up into usable sized logs for the fire place,  We will have a good start on the wood requirements for next season.  Woo Hoo!!
Once we were back at home,  John mucked around with stuff in the trailer and Ray received his new paint sprayer so he was busy trying to figure it out.  Kay and I decided that it was just warm enough for us to enjoy a beer in the shade!!
Eventually, Marybeth arrived to inspect yesterday's work in the trailer.  Once again it passed her standards and John gave a sigh of relief!!  Marybeth has been harping about a pair of Danica Patrick sunglasses ever since we came back from Phoenix and the Nascar thing  without a pair for her so a few days ago Kay ordered her a pair from the Nascar Superstore.  They arrived today and Kay gave them to Marybeth who was very surprised and pleased.  She wore them for the rest of the day!!  They looked good on her too which,  is hard to believe considering that they are lime green and orange!!
Lorne and Marilyn arrived for happy hour although a bit late!!  We firmed up our plans for the quad ride tomorrow and that should be fun.  I think we will take the jeep - that way Hogan can come with us and he can frolic in the water of the Hassayampa River.  It should be about 8-12 inches deep in some places!!
One javelina came for a visit tonight and stupid us (John and me) decided to let Hogan go chase the thing.  He has chased them in the past without incident.  They are quick and usually Hogan gets nowhere near them.  Well tonight, Hogan was so quick, the stupid thing did not see him coming until it was too late and poor Hogan slammed into him at a hell of a pace and the javelina managed to get one of his teeth into him leaving him with a bit of a gouge in his neck.  The skirmish did not last long with the javelina running away and Hogan in hot pursuit.  We called Hogan back and when he returned, I saw the small open area on his neck and was so pissed off at myself for being stupid and letting Hogan chase the javelina.  God, how stupid can some people be.  I cleaned the area and smeared it with Polysporin.  Hogan was all puffed up and ready to go again - no javelina was going to get the best of him!!  I made him lay down on the blanket for the rest of the night - ya I know, I am no fun!!  God I can't believe we were so stupid!!  Some people should not be pet owners!!
Eventually Lorne and Marilyn went back to town and with none of us interested in cooking supper, ordered hot wings from KFC.  Man they are good!!
With supper over and I was headed inside to bed.  I took my wounded dog and left the campfire. I gave Hogan a "baby" aspirin just in case he was feeling a bit poorly as I can imagine hitting that javelina at Mach 1must have felt like hitting a brick wall!!  They are short stocky little creatures.
Ray soon headed in as well,  once again,  leaving John and Kay to party on!!  Somebody should call the cops cause I fear those two are just having too much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment