Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday, March 21/2012

Kay

Turbo relaxing

R I P - Ray
The sun is shining today and it is supposed to be nice out.  I am feeling much better and hope it is another two years before I have another gallbladder attack!!  Although I have had my gallbladder removed, the body is still capable of making gall stones and they can still cause some grief.  My grief was yesterday but today, we are once again "good to go".  Party on!!!!
I made a quick trip into town today.  I had to stop at the bank for some money (not sure where it all goes!!) and I stopped to get a couple propane bottles filled.  We have been sitting in Ray and Kay's garage in the evenings and they have a wonderful little heater that works incredibly well so their bottle needed a fill as well so I took ours and theirs to be filled.
Once back from town, Kay was ready to go raid the Agave plants at the Aztec Trailer Park so off we went and dug up several of the babies.  Of course they are armed (like everything else around here) and I was scratched, poked and bleeding in no time.  The Native Americans used the very tip of this plant for their needles and I can certainly attest to the fact that they are very sharp and would work well!!  I now have a decent poke hole in my leg from one of the "needles".
With our treasures in buckets, we returned to the park where we planted three outside the fence by our yard and two outside the fence by Ray and Kay's yard.  They will hopefully grow tall and wide (at least 6 feet) and are the epitome of Southwestern Desert plant life.  Hopefully, the javelina will not eat them.   They are beautiful as long as you do not get too close to them!!  That is why we planted them in the neighbour's property outside the fence!!
Marybeth came over and the bee sting she received yesterday is HUGE on her arm and I would safely say that "yes, she is allergic to them"!!  She popped more benadryl when she got home yesterday and spent a rather uncomfortable night with the darn thing.  She liked the agave and decided she wanted to plant a few as well so scored about four for her place.
Kay and I took some up to Mitch's place and ended up planting five along his fence line for him.  They will look awesome once they are bigger.
Finally back at home and ready to enjoy happy hour, we settle in to enjoy the sunshine.  Beer was not sitting well with me today so I broke out the lemon gin (which I brought with me cause you can not buy it down here) and that was much better!!   Lorne and Marilyn arrived for a few then once again headed back into town for supper.  We will be meeting them for drinks and supper at the Bar 7 tomorrow for the shuffleboard tournament.
While sitting outside, several red winged blackbirds descended on the bird feeder and enjoyed the seeds but I must say that they were certainly messy and rude.  While two sat on the feeder, the others were on the ground enjoying the seeds that the other two were actually scooping out of the feeder.  Seeds were flying everywhere!!
Of course when the sun went down, the heat of the day was lost so, once again we headed into the garage where the warmth of the day has kept the temperature in the 70s.  Nice!!
Eventually, it was time for me to cook some supper - stir fry and bbq'd pork chops.  Mmmm.
Another great day was had by all.           Good friends - Good times - Good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment