Friday, March 30, 2012

Monday, March 26/2012

Hogan got me up at 7:00 a.m. this morning.  He had to pee!!  The sun is shining and there is no wind.  I say this in a whisper as I do not want to have the wind Gods hear me and think I miss it!!
I must head to the laundromat today as it is once again time for clean clothes.  I had great intentions of going into town yesterday but for some reason, did not make it so, today is the day.
Back from town and I put another coat of polyurethane on the walls in the master bedroom.  They are looking much better with the extra coat.  Once that dries, it is time to put the switch covers on.  That will add one more finishing touch.
Happy hour rolled around and we all sat around enjoying the evening.  Lorne and Marilyn arrived for a few and again, invited us out for supper tomorrow.  We decided to try Tumbleweeds as we had never been there before although Lorne and Marilyn had been there once last year.  With Lorne and Marilyn's departure, we moved inside to sit around the chiminea.  Warm, welcoming heat!!
Mitch joined the gathering tonight.  He is supposed to be heading back to Utah on Wednesday and hopefully starting work soon after he arrives there.  He seems anxious to leave.
There were a total of 8 javelina outside the fence tonight - the most I have seen at one time.  Being so many, one could really smell the mild "skunky" odor they carry.  They are rather interesting to watch though and I do get a kick out of them.
With one too many beer drank, I was the first to leave the gathering.  It was time for me to eat and head to bed.  At the bus, I made a pizza and watched some TV while I waited for it to cook.  It was delicious and I went to bed full of beer and food!!  The others partied on although it was not too long after I went to bed that John wandered home.  An early night for the usual late nighters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment