Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saturday, March 17/2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.  May you all find your pot of gold and live long happy lives.
It is rather dreary out this morning but the temperature seems fine and it is not as cold as what I expected.  There apparently is still rain and cold temperatures heading our way but so far,  today is good.
Enjoying Ray's deck

Yum!

I must scoot to the store today as there are a few things I need to pick up.
Back from my "chores" and now it is time to make the rhubarb cake I promised for tonight's dessert.  I even bought some ice cream to go with it!!
I talked to Casey on the phone today and wished him a happy birthday even though it isn't until tomorrow but he was going out tonight to celebrate so I thought he will in all likelihood spend most of the day in bed tomorrow recovering from the celebration.
I pounded a few more staples into the walls to get them ready for the panelling, then vacuumed the edges.  With rain in the forecast, John and I moved all the wood inside the trailer so that it would not get wet.  With that lousy job done, John mucked around a bit inside and then Lorne and Marilyn showed up for happy hour.  We all sat outside until it got chilly then moved over to Ray and Kay's sweet little back deck.  Ray had the chiminea going and it was wonderfully warm on the deck.
Ray has been cooking all day making his corned beef and cabbage and when it was finally ready, we dived in and I thought it tasted wonderful.  He used different spices in it and it had a bit of a bite but it was great.  Kay gave me the gears for my less spicy palate and said if I was going to live down here in the Southwest I had to learn to eat the spicy food!!  No Mercy!!
Marilyn brought St. Patrick's Day cupcakes and they too looked delicious.  Unfortunately, I was so full from dinner, that I did not have room for one.  I will save it for tomorrow.
As per usual, once I eat, I am ready for bed and since it was late, that is exactly what I did.   Hogan and I hit the sheets and the others partied on.  Every party needs a pooper and I guess that it is me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment