Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thursday, March 8/2012

Kay and I were the only ones that went into the shop today.  We will be done the ceiling today and that will be a nasty job finally over and done with.  It won't take us too long today.  Ray has decided to stay here and him and John will make a dump run and take all the recyclables in.
When Kay and I got back from painting (we were only gone 2 hours), they were just leaving.  Gosh, how slow can two men be!!!
While they were gone, Kay and I moved the wood pile over by our fence.  The reason for this is because the termites (which are an issue here in Arizona) would find Ray and Kay's garage a rather tasty treat and have easy access to it through the wood pile if it was left leaning against the garage.  We disturbed several big wood boring insects during the move and I noted that they looked a lot like our ugly pine beetles.  Kay thought that they bite so of course we went on a killing spree whenever we saw one!!
Once the wood was moved and stacked, we started on moving the rocks that were in this yard.  I have never in my life seen such fascination with rocks as I have since coming to Arizona.  Everyone and their dog has rocks of various shapes and sizes in their yards.  Some done up rather tastefully and others.... not so much!!  This yard is definitely not tasteful and in dire need of help!!  With that being said, Kay and I  started moving the ugly things to the new fence where we started piling them along the outside where they were put to discourage the javelina from digging.  By the time the boys got back from the dump, the wood was moved and the rocks were placed neatly along the outside of the fence.  Kay and I decided that our jobs for the day were done and we deserved a much needed rest and, it was happy hour anyway!!
We got ready for the ever popular shuffleboard tournament and headed down to the bar.  I am the designated driver again as I have lots of stuff on my agenda for tomorrow so can't get silly tonight.
Harvey was there and that was a nice surprise.  I guess he left his horses here when him and Kiki drove home to Washington state and had now returned to pick them up.  His son was with him and they ended up joining in the tournament as we needed two spots filled.  It was fun as usual and Ray and Cloud were tonight's winners and got to share the massive winnings!!  ($15.00 each!!).  It is definitely a "big stakes" game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment