Friday, March 2, 2012

Wednesday, February 29/2012

When I got up this morning, there was some hellish pounding on the side of the bus and I wondered what the heck was happening.  As it turned out, a woodpecker had perched on the front of the bus and was just pounding away at God only knows what!! " BE GONE", I said, and soon there was peace in the land!!  I will have to look for dents later because it sure sounded like he left some!!
The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it will be another nice day.  We have to finish cleaning up the campsite and then John wants to take the trailer into town today.  The bus will follow tomorrow and we will be living at the park until we go back home to Canada.
Chang of plans - John has decided to take both he bus and the trailer into town today!!  He keeps changing my plans!!  Oh well, today or tomorrow, it really makes no difference.  Once the decision is made though, it is time to get into gear and "get er done".  It really is amazing though just how good we have become at breaking camp.  We were ready a few hours later, had the bus in "road worthy" travel with everything secured and were off to town.
We stopped to fill the propane tank on the bus then headed to the Foothills Park.  Now, if we can get under the telephone lines, all will be good.  Unfortunately that was not to be and I had to climb up onto the roof of the bus and lift the lines up so that the bus could safely pass under.  That being done, it was an easy park at the yard.  We are here until we head back to Canada.  Hopefully, we can get a good start on all the renovations that need to be done here at the trailer.
Once the bus was parked, John borrowed Ray's truck and the two of them headed back out to the desert to bring in the trailer.  I stayed here as it was "happy hour" and time for me to sit and relax.  The boys were back about an hour or so later and we finally all got to enjoy happy hour!!
I eventually headed back to the bus where I got supper ready and John followed later.  It is good now that no one has to drive after a few refreshments.  I think I can give up the designated driver status now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment