Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friday, April 29/2011

Our spot for the night



Musselshell River

Pheasant 

Deer


It is chilly in the bus this morning.  I turned the heater on and went back to bed.  This is becoming a habit!! I see that it is below zero again at night back at home so I should probably be prepared to use the heater a bit more than what I have been used to.
Eventually the sun came up and Hogan and I enjoyed our quiet time again this morning.  John eventually made it up and after a breakfast of ham and eggs, I was off to Walmart.  One can never pass up the opportunity to go to Walmart!!  There is always something to buy.  Today, it was a Thomas the Train for little Caelan.  I don't really know who Thomas is but there was a ton of stuff with his name on it so he must be popular.  I am sooo out of touch with kids toys these days!!  I text my sister and she said Caelan loves Thomas so I guess I did good!!
Before we left Billings, we stopped at the UPS store and picked up "Mack" the red semi from the Cars movie.  John had ordered it for Erin through Amazon here in the States and had it shipped to a location we were traveling through.  With that being done, we pointed the bus towards home and continued our travels.
We stopped for the night at a wonderful little campground in Roundup, Montana.  It comes with deer, pheasants and several other birds.  Also, it was situated right beside the Mussellshel River so we could sit in the lawnchairs and watch it flow by.  It has many many huge cottonwood trees scattered throughout the park some of which must be as old as the town itself.  It is really quite beautiful and it is FREE!!  There was a sign as we came in telling us to enjoy our stay and asking for a donation to keep the park operating which, we will be happy to do.  What a great place to spend the night.
John watched hockey tonight while I watched the Royal Wedding.  It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment