Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wednesday, April 27/2011

Shoshont River

They will probably beat us home!

Deer

Big Horn Mountains



Coon Creek


Shoshoni River

Coon Creek

Running into the Shoshoni


Robin
I awoke to the sunshine and the sounds of Canada Geese flying over the bus.  It was wonderful hearing them and I felt a twinge of home sickness.  It will be nice to get back home - only a few days to go now. Being that our health insurance was due to expire yesterday, I had to phone CAA for an extension.  This is not a difficult thing to do however, the phone service was quite spotty so I had to time it for the towns we were going through.  Eventually got the job done so I can now quit worry about that!!
Hogan and I went for a walk today along a road that followed beside the Shoshoni River and saw all sorts of wildlife.  There were numerous birds, Canada geese, robins, woodpeckers, a red winged blackbird, a blue heron, ducks and many others that I didn't know the names of.  There was no shortage of birds nests in the trees.  I also saw numerous cottontail bunnies and a herd of deer.  What a wonderful walk!!
Once back to the bus, it was time to tidy up then go sit in the sunshine.  This is going to be a "stop and smell the roses day" as we are not traveling today.
We watched the hockey game then sat around the campfire while supper cooked then it was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment