Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Saturday, April 2/2011

another awesome sunset shaping up


Fire in the sky


Kieth, Char and John


The sun is shining this morning but there is a stronger wind blowing as well.  Although it appears that it will be sunny,  I believe that the wind will keep the temperature at bay.  Thank Goodness for small mercies!!  I just did a weather search and it is only supposed to get to 91F today (33C) so I may have to wear a sweater!!!
Keith and Charlotte were over for a cup of coffee before heading into town to start the final day (hopefully) of the garage sale.  I think they too are truly grateful for the lower temperature.  I did notice yesterday, when I was in town that it seemed even hotter than out here in the desert.  There was absolutely no breeze in town.   Hell, I was sweating bullet getting groceries in Safeway - and it is air conditioned!!
On the way into town this morning I saw my first rattlesnake (besides the one Trueman brought to show us).  It was crossing the road minding its own business.  It was about 3 feet long and had the coon stripes near the rattles and about four or five rattles.  As I pulled up beside it, it stopped and allowed me a good look at it then continued on its way.  Just around the bend in the road, there were about 50 horses getting ready for a poker rally. I stopped and told the lead horsemen that a snake had just crossed the road and to ride down the middle of the road. One of the fellows just patted his waist (and I assumed he was armed) and mentioned if he sees it, there would be snake for supper tonight!!
I did all the running  that needed to be done and stopped by the garage sale which was going well again today.  The palm trees were being trimmed at the complex where Ben is staying and there were palm fronds everywhere.  This is where the garage sale was and Charlotte mentioned that even the fronds were sharp on the ends.  I told her that everything in this desert is armed.
Tonight's sunset was incredible and John started a fire.  The temperature was lovely.  It had cooled off a bit and Charlotte and Keith and John and I sat the fire until bedtime.  John cooked his famous steak and potatoes and once again, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment