Friday, April 1, 2011

Wednesday, March 30/2011

The sun is shining once again and the birds are singing in the trees.  I see by the weather report from home that it is finally above zero!!  It is getting warmer - Yeah!!
Today I started getting ready for the return home.  By that I mean it was time to clean out the closets and get rid of anything that needed getting rid of!!  I had several t-shirts that I have not worn for a good year, so it was time to cull them out of the pile.  Then I got into the hallway cupboard and cleaned it out, getting rid of stuff we hadn't used in some time and throwing away bits of unused breakfast cereal etc.  I was on a roll.  I had several paperback books hanging around so I bagged those up for Ben and will give them to him the next time I see him.
Ben did come for a visit this afternoon and was happy with the books.  He had Keith crawl under his truck to change the fuel filter but for some reason, Keith was not able to do it so I guess Ben will have to take it to a garage.  He is getting antsy about getting back out here to the desert and is now looking for a small travel trailer to purchase.  John was on Craig's list and saw several small ones that would be ideal for him and not too heavy for his truck.  I am sure that he will find something suitable in the near future.
Next I tackled all the receipts I have gathered over the last four months and got all those in order.  I found the ones I have to use at the border and threw the rest away.  Why do I keep all the grocery receipts anyway!!  And who needs all those receipts from the bar??  Did we really eat and drink all that much!!  YES, we did!!  Three hours later, I was done and ready for happy hour!!
John had wandered down to Keith and Charlotte's camp and was checking out all the tools they were putting into the garage sale they have arranged for this weekend.  Charlotte is trying to get more room inside the camper so is selling a lot of the stuff she no longer needs.  It is a good thing and I hope she manages to get rid of a lot of it.
Charlotte got into her "recipe" - a concoction of little bits of various liquors all combined into one bottle - she was trying to find space - again!!  Well, Granny Clampet has nothing on Charlotte!!  It tasted horrible (too much Creme de Mint) but Charlotte enjoyed it.  Keith didn't really help her as he has a 6:00am conference call he needs to be awake and alert for.
We were treated to an awesome sunset tonight and then the cows came for a visit.  There are usually only two that visit but tonight they brought the rest of the herd.  There were several babies in the bunch and with them standing around the cattle guard, we were worried that they might try to cross over it - that stupid hide is still tied to it giving the illusion that it is solid.  Charlotte and I decided to go (under the cloak of darkness)  and cut the damn thing off the guard so that the little calves did not attempt to cross it.
It was an easy enough task and we ended up just leaving the hide off to the side of the road so that who ever tied it to the guard could still pick it up and take it away if he still wanted it.
It was soon time to wander off home and eat supper then,  off to bed we go getting our beauty rest for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment