Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wednesday, April 13/2011

Up early once again and today I had the pleasure of watching four little quail frolicking in the campsite.  They are so very cute and I could watch them for hours.  They are quite entertaining but are very shy.  Once they know you are around, they will scurry off and be gone.  I had to fill the feeder this morning before my coffee so that I had my morning entertainment.
Again today. the sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be another nice day.
We have invited Charlotte and Keith for supper and a fire tonight so I must head into town to pick up a few things for that.  John will BBQ some tuna steaks on the grill and I have decided to make yams in orange sauce to accompany the tuna.  A baked potato for John as he has yet to discover the goodness in a yam and some steamed green beans.  I picked up a cake for dessert.
John finished cleaning the trailer today and started packing the bays.  Friday is coming quickly and we don't want to be doing a lot of packing on our final day here in the desert.
Supper turned out to be delicious.  The wind was up for most of the day but settled enough during the evening that John was able to start a fire and get rid of some of the burnable garbage we had lying around.
It was a pleasant evening up until John told Charlotte we would be taking the Big Dipper home with us!!  What is with him and the Big Dipper!!  Charlotte was not impressed - she enjoys the stars as much as John does.  I think they need to learn to share.
It was a short evening with all of us still feeling tired from the silliness of last night.  We all agreed that we definitely can not party like we used too!!   Imagine that!!  It must be the "old gray mare"syndrome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment