Friday, April 1, 2011

Thursday, March 31/2011

I am awake early, 7:00am  and already it is warm out.  It is supposed to get to 33C today (93F) and 35C tomorrow (95F).  Awesome.  With this kind of heat, it should melt the snow back home!!
I will have to watch the water in the bird bath as I will probably have to replenish it a couple times today.
I love sitting and watching them drink.  The wasps like it too and I have seen Hogan drink from it as well!! Lord forbid he should drink out of his water dish I have sitting in the shade outside!!
Being that it is going to be so hot today, it looks like it is yet another day to relax and enjoy!!
We received an email from Lorne and Marilyn this morning.  They are into Montana already and hope to cross into Canada today.  It sounds like they took in several sights on the way home and found a few places with suitable ambiance to enjoy a cold beer!!
Since our time here in the desert is coming to an end, I was in the bays this morning (on the shady side of the bus) to vacuum them out and get all the little Arizona critters (that may have crawled in there) out of there.  Fortunately,  I only found bits of thorns and small little rocks - that hurt when I knelt on them!!  I did not have to fight my way past black widows, brown recluse or rattlesnakes!!  Yeah!!
John worked a bit more on the jeep connecting this hose to that hose and generally tying up loose ends.  The radiator is back in and the fans are on.  I say, "go ahead, boil over now you dirty rotter - spew all that green stuff around - double dog dare you"!!!!
It was so incredibly hot today that it was definitely NOT a day to cook.  I had made some macaroni salad earlier this morning and decided that it would go great with some wings.  I mentioned the not cooking thing to Keith and Charlotte and they were soon on board with the idea.
Charlotte is busy getting ready for her garage sale tomorrow and Keith decided if he was going to be hot and sweaty, he should have a reason for it so decided to go for a bike ride!!  John and I sat and had a beer!!
Once Keith returned, John decided to make a pitcher of refreshments and we sat around at their campsite.  I noticed a cute little wooden stand in Charlotte's garage sale pile and quickly confiscated it to the motorhome. It would fit perfectly beside John's chair and he could keep all is little pencils (that I continually get accused of stealing) and his calculator in the drawer.
With that being done, I headed into town to pick up the wings and a pizza.  Charlotte has not had pizza in months and was salivating just thinking about it!!  Upon my return, we took the food into the trailer and sat around the fancy $3.00 table that Ben and I had picked up so very long ago.  It worked great and supper was delicious.
We finished off several pitches of refreshments then it was time to head to bed.  What a great day - HOT - but great.

No comments:

Post a Comment