Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Friday, April 1/2011

Happy April Fools Day !!
We slept with all the windows open and there was a cool gentle breeze passing over us for most of the night.  It was glorious - even better than the fan at my bedside!!  Hogan and I were up before 7am and another hot day is in store for us.  It is supposed to get to 96F today (36C) and if the early morning warmth is any indication as to how hot it is going to be today .....  we just may surpass that 96 mark!!  OHHH, I"M MELTINGGGG!!!
Charlotte broke her coffee press yesterday so I had coffee ready for them before they left for the garage sale.  They were gone by 8am.  I sent the "good luck" garage sale fairies with them!!
I have Keith's car for the day so will scoot into town and do some shopping, get some water and may even stop by and see how things are going at the sale.
I got so very burnt with a damn April Fools thing this morning.  I saw on Facebook that our youngest son's girlfriend Tori posted that she was engaged!!  OMG!!  After several texts and a few curse words (not to Tori) I was informed that it was the proverbial April Fools joke.  I am so going to get that little witch back!!  The game is on!!  I can't believe I totally fell for it AND I even said happy April fools day at the top of the blog!!  I am such a loser - good thing I am pretty!!
I did eventually head into town to grab all the stuff I needed and did stop by the garage sale.  Charlotte was doing quite well.  Once I returned to camp, hot and sweaty, it was time for a cold beer.  There is nothing better than having a cold beer in the desert when the temperature is 35C.  John had been working on the jeep again and he was ready for a refreshment as well.
Trueman stopped by with Cowboy and said he may have found the reason for the cow hide on the cattle guard.  Apparently, some cowboys stretch a cow hide over a cattle guard to dissuade  the cows from attempting to cross the guard.  Not sure how that exactly works but I guess we do not have to worry about that now since the smelly thing is lying in the desert beside the guard!!  I guess we do learn something every day!!
Charlotte and Keith made it home hot and tired.  Charlotte had a bit of a headache to go along with this as well.  I had made supper for the four of us so that they would not have to once they got home.  They could sit and relax and prepare themselves for another sale tomorrow.  It worked out well.  They were soon heading home to bed and I prepared Trueman a plate for him to take home so that he would not have to cook when he got there.  It worked out well, all the way around.
Although it was hot, it was a good day (except for me falling for that horrible joke!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment