Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunday, April 24/2011

Salt Creek



Awesome scenery

Happy Easter everyone.  The Easter bunny must have been a busy dude last night delivering all those colorful eggs to all the little children.  Just remember that once all that sugar is out of the kid's system, they will sleep!!
Although there was a bit of rain throughout the night, it is pretty clear this morning  There are some clouds that could very easily carry more rain but hey, this is Spring and the forest needs this rain.  How else are the trees and plants going to unleash the array of colors that one would expect.  Life - it is all about the color!!
Sitting here having my coffee, I realize that I miss my little desert birds and the entertainment they provided each morning.  I can hear the birds at this campsite but they are not nearly as curious as the desert ones.
Hogan and I went for a bit of a hike today.  We headed up the road to see what was around the bend.  When I say "up" the road I literally mean UP!!  The going was all up hill and for someone who has been slacking on their hiking, it was a bit of a chore!!  The scenery was awesome and I took a few pics of the creek.  Once back at camp, the sun was shining and a cold beer tasted pretty damn good.
Hockey playoffs continue so it was inside then to watch the Canucks.
Supper and a movie finished off our day then, it was to bed as it is a travel day tomorrow and maybe a stop at Cabelas.  Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment