Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wednesday, January 30/2013

As expected, there is frost on the ground again this morning.  I am glad that we bought those other  infrared heaters as they work great.  I moved one into the bus and it has kept the chill at bay.
Ray has been busy again today looking for the ever elusive septic tank and has now finally found it so hopefully that issue will soon be resolved.  One less worry for Ray which I am sure he will be grateful for.
After last nights shenanigans in the trailer, there is some tidying up that needed to be done.  There were a few dirty dishes left around from a previous evening of cards so once they were done and the counter cleaned up, the place started looking a lot more loved!!
With that done, I decided to make a pot of soup and a fruit salad.  This way, one can eat whenever they so choose.
The sun has finally broken through the clouds and is now shining through the windows.  Now, if only the wind would go away, it would be rather pleasant outside.
Our new neighbours have finally got most of the renovations done to the inside of that trailer and have started to move some of their belonging in.  They have been very busy for the last few weeks and will probably be living in there by the first of the month.  Ray said that he though they had three kids so we will have some munchkins beside us.  It is always nice to see happy kids at play.
The septic tank was found and found to be pretty full.  Unfortunately, the park owner did not want to spend  a lot of money on getting it pumped out.  He wants to try the enzyme route first.  Hopefully that does the trick and there are no more issues with it but I highly doubt it.  Oh well, it is not my problem.  Our trailer does not empty into that tank so we are good for now although it makes me wonder just what the condition of our 9000 gallon tank is.  Apparently six or seven of the park's trailers empty into that one.  It will be interesting to sit back and just watch "The Saga of the Septic Tank".
Kay and I headed into town today and stopped at an antique store (looked more like a thrift store to me) on the way to Safeway.  I found a cute little stool that could be used for a plant stand or in the man cave either here or back home.  The price was right and Kay and I spent some time checking out all the different stuff they had.
Once back at the park, I grabbed some dirty clothes and we walked up to Mitch's so that I could throw a load into his wash machine. While there, we played a game of horseshoes and to no one's surprise, Kay kicked my ass.  She then kicked both Mitch's and Ray's asses although they did give her a much better game than I did!!
The sun had gone down by the time we were finished playing and it was getting chilly so I decided to leave the clothes drying and have Mitch deliver them to me later if he chose to come down for a visit.  If he didn't, I would retrieve them tomorrow.  As it turned out, he delivered them a few hours later and I  had them folded and put back into the basket so that they could be put away tomorrow.
We spent a quiet evening watching TV and then it was time for my bath.   Hogan kept looking at me again while I was in the tub and I wondered if he thought it was time for him to have another bath as well.  Not going to happen tonight!!
All in all, it was another good day.  Kay and I spent some time scrounging around in the stores today, then wondered what we were going to do tomorrow.  Hmmmmm.......let me think on that one.   Maybe, if it is nice enough out, I will take her to the River Preserve and we can walk some of the trails.  She has never been there.


No comments:

Post a Comment