Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thursday, January 24/2013

I awoke to rain today.  It is a warm, gentle rain.  There are a few things that  probably should be moved inside and I had better get busy with that.
Back inside and I must say, it smells wonderful outside.  Fresh and clean and awesome.
Once again they are experiencing a snowstorm and continued cold weather back home so I shall not carry on about our great weather here.  That would be rude!!
I looked outside and saw the javalina out and about and noted that the original baby was out there with his Mom.  I wondered what the heck he was doing and then realized that he was trying to suckle her which was totally optimistic on his part as they are weened at 6 weeks.  Mom was very patient with him and stood still for quite a while so I wonder if he actually was having some success.
It rained off and on all day and I busied myself here in the bus.  The dishes got done and the kitchen cleaned up.  I started to cut up some raw vegetables and noted that the broccoli had already turned yellow so that ended up being set aside for the pigs.  By the time I was done, I had a large ziploc bag full.  They would certainly appreciate that a bit later in the day.
With the kitchen cleaned up, I decided that it was time to clean the shower stall.  I really hate that job and since we have not been using it I thought that now would be a good time for a good cleaning and perhaps it will stay clean a bit longer than normally.  There is a lot of dust down here and it seems to get everywhere.
With my work all done, I settled into my book and read for the rest of the day.  John wanted only soup for supper so made that for himself which actually gave me the opportunity to cook a lamb chop for myself.  John does not like lamb so whenever I decide to cook one for myself, I have to cook something else for him - which really is not a problem as I just throw something else on the other side of the bbq.   Tonight, I settled for pan fried and it was quite good.
TV and more reading made up the rest of the evening then, it was time to shut the lights out and get some sleep.  Tomorrow is another day and I have no real plans for it so will see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment