Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday, January 13/2013

Again it is very chilly.  The 7 gallon blue water jug I had sitting outside is frozen!!  Wow, welcome to sunny Arizona!!
The hummingbird liquid was frozen so I had to take it into the bus and pop it into the microwave then hang it back in the tree.  It is cold enough to freeze the little hummingbirds so I am glad that Ray mentioned yesterday that his feeder was frozen because I did not even think of it.  It wasn't too long before the little guys were perching and feeding.
Our cold water line in the trailer was pretty sluggish this morning so I had to leave the taps open until it started running freely.  It didn't take too long though and I was glad that I noticed it.  It must be pretty chilly under the trailer for the pipes as I can't see that the outside would have froze with them being wrapped but, who knows.  Hell, it has not been this cold here in 30 years!!
There are two more football games scheduled for today and once again we are invited to the neighbours to watch them.
We wandered over with our 42 inch plasma TV that we got from Keith and Charlotte and Kay had it hooked up and working in no time.  She would be the technological wiz in that house!!  Ray shines in the kitchen but Kay shines elsewhere!!
The TV works great and has an awesome picture.  It will be heading to Canada and the man cave.  That sucker is sure heavy (about 40 pounds) though, as it is an older model.  The TV that Keith and Charlotte bought to replace it weighs only a few pounds!!
Kay and Mitch headed into Surprise to pick up a couple of pizzas for the games this morning before the games started  and came back with one that had artichokes, spinach and chicken on it.  It was so good I could have eaten the whole thing myself!!  It was from Papa Murphy's and was one of those cook when you get it home ones.  Man, I can see a few of those in my freezer next year!!
Keith and Charlotte stopped by and stayed for the second game then headed back to their bus.  They are so grateful for that new fancy heater.  It keeps their bus toasty warm in all this cold weather.
With the end of the games, it was time to get the cards out and try to get some of my laundry money back!!  Well, as it turned out, I am not all that lucky in the game of "31" either.  Geez Louise - I just can't get a break!!
Several games later, it was time to call it a day.  It is freezing cold out again tonight and I hope that the water pipes are going to be ok.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment