Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Saturday, January 5/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be a pretty nice day - at least until the sun goes down.
There are wild card football games on today so that means there will be no work done on the trailer today.  I guess we will be taking the weekend off so perhaps some of my broken and cracked fingernails can recover over the next two days!!
Kay and I took the aluminium cans in today and got enough money to buy two cases of beer (like we need more!!).  Of course, there is nothing better than drinking free beer!!
I think the evening will be spent playing cards or dice, so we will put off the usual steak and potato supper for something that is easier and can be eaten whenever anyone is hungry.  This way, no one is having to get up and cook.
I decided to make a potato salad and pick up some fried chicken.  Quick and easy and, can be eaten anytime someone gets hungry.
I threw the birdseed out and watched as the silly things came in to eat.  Man, I bet I don't even have the gate closed before the birds are already enjoying the seed.  I get quite a kick out of the quail as they come scurrying over to peck away.  They make such a unique sound when they eat and I am sure that it is this sound that attracts the others.  Today, I think there were close to 25 quail eating and I must say, some are getting to be a nice size.  I am sure there is some "good eating" out there walking on two little bird legs!!  Corn fed, wild quail .......Mmmmm.   Ray keeps threatening to bring out his gun!!
Ray and Kay had been out and about visiting with some friends but arrived home just in time to enjoy the javelin.  The triplets showed up today and of course Hogan was being the ever diligent "guard" of the fence.
Kay and I retired to the warmth of our trailer and sat around chatting until "girl talk" was interrupted by John.  I guess he got tired of watching football.
Mitch arrived shortly there after and it was not long until the dice came out and it was game on.  The chicken and potato salad was eaten as one got hungry and at the end of the evening, Mitch left with the four dollars he came with, breaking even and Kay left with most of our quarters (our laundry money).  Once again, the laundry will not be getting done!!  It was a fun evening with lots of laughs and time spent with good people.


No comments:

Post a Comment