Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saturday, January 19/2013

Oh, the sun is up and shining and it is going to be another great day in the Arizona desert.
It is horrible back home.  They have just gone through a few days of warmer weather which allowed for rain, then, it got cold again so now the roads are icy and it snowed on top of it all and the wind blew just to make sure the roads were nice and polished, making them even more dangerous.  Oh how I hope everyone is careful and remains safe.
I really do not miss this type of weather although,  I do miss looking out my window and seeing the beauty of the bright white snow.  Or the beauty of great big snow "flowers" as they fall from the sky.  It truly can be a winter wonderland.  But, as with everything, this beauty comes with some pretty deadly drawbacks and I am afraid that that, is exactly what our family and friends are dealing with now.  Stay Safe People.
I have decided to do a load of laundry today so will take it up to Mitch's.  I don't think I have done enough laundry up there yet to have paid for the 30 pack of beer I left for him for allowing me to use his washer and dryer so I still have a load or two to go!!  I text Kay and asked her if she wanted to get her ass kicked at horseshoes while I was doing the laundry and of course, Kay is always up for a challenge and agreed.
With the laundry basket in one hand and Hogan on his leash in the other, we walked to Mitch's and got down to business.  Now, I don't know if you remember the last time I mentioned horseshoes and Kay's ability to play but, she is pretty deadly when it comes to throwing those shoes.  When I ask her about getting her ass kicked it is with tongue in cheek as there is only going to one ass getting kicked and that would be MINE!!   LOL
With the laundry done, we headed back home.  Ray and Kay had some running around to do but Kay said she would text me again once they were back at the Park.  They were going to stop back at Mitch's and play more horseshoes and she would let me know when so that I could "unleash more fury" on her!!
I decided to get the varathane onto the two leaves of the kitchen table that I would be using for the coffee table in the trailer.
While I was doing that, I threw some seeds out to the birds and watched them as I applied a few layers of varathane to the leaves.  Marybeth stopped over for an hour and we sat outside watching the birds and chatting about the ups and downs of Motherhood.
The javalina twins came along and snacked and it wasn't until I was almost ready to head inside that "the beggar" came by.  His wound is still wide open but today it did not look as nasty.  The skin flap is still hanging rather grotesquely and it just may heal like that.  He will certainly not win any beauty contests with a face like that but now, he is easily recognizable!!   I fed him some fresh raw potatoes and I was glad to see that he is still able to eat and managed to get most of his snacks finished before the triplets and the other two bigger ones wandered over.  I think it was one of these two that fought with him yesterday.  To my surprise, they actually managed to be fairly sociable for a while before a verbal battle ensued and "the beggar" wandered away.  I think he is the one that everybody likes to bully.
I did receive a text from Kay asking me if "I want to be schooled in shoes" again.  Man, she is one cheeky little girl.
John and I headed up there and since there were five of us to play, we played teams with someone sitting out each game so that we all got to play.  Kay and I were partners and we won all our games except one and since it was against Ray and John, we have to play the rubber match to see who are the actual champions.  Of course Kay and I already know who shall reign supreme!!
Once back from Mitch's,  John started a campfire and Kay, myself and John sat around it for a while chatting.  Man, we have not had a campfire for so long I forgot just how nice it was to sit around it and enjoy its heat.
Keith and Charlotte stopped by earlier (before we headed to Mitch's) for a quick visit and unloaded some stuff that they thought we could use and to fill their water jug.  He mentioned that they had finished the relish and the pickled beets that I had given them last weekend. I was shocked that the relish was gone as I think Keith must have been a closet relish addict and went totally nuts on it until it was gone.  He admitted that he had!!  Unfortunately, I did not have another jar to give him but I gave him more pickled beets and said that now that I know he loves the relish, I will bring more down with me next year and more pickled beets as well.
I finished the evening with a bubble bath, left overs for supper and a movie.    Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment