Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thursday, January 10/2013

Despite the fact that it was late (or should I say early this morning) when I went to bed, I find my eyes wide awake at 8:00 o'clock.  What is with that!!  At this rate, I just may need an afternoon nap!!
The weather is supposed to be pretty shitty over the next 10 days or so with the night time temperature well below freezing.  Ray has gone around to all the trailers in the park and told everyone to get their water pipes wrapped so that they don't freeze and break.  When that happens it disrupts the water supply to the whole park as some trailers do not have a main water shut off valve.  So...it is off to the hardware store for me today to get some pipe wrap to protect our pipes.
Kay and I headed into town and had several stops to make.  We started at the far end of town and worked our way back to the park.  We hit five different stores and by the end of the trip had everything we went for.
The most exciting time we had was in Safeway when my purse inadvertently managed to hit a bucket of coins (you know the ones - throw your change in here and save a cat, or a dog, or the library!!  Or what ever) by the cash register and went crashing to the floor spewing the coins  all over Hell's Half Acre!!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph - what next?!!  Of course, Kay, is not fond of shopping at the best of times and something like this just makes it worse!!  She likes to be in and out of a store in record time, no muss, no fuss and here I am making a huge scene!!  Well, I started laughing and I am sure that she just wanted to crawl under the counter!!  I finally got the coins picked up and we paid for our groceries then walked out of the store.  I think her head was down however, I walked out of the store with my head held high - like the queen I am!!  I am thinking that she will not want to come shopping with me anytime soon.  Oh...the excitement I can cause!!  Who has more fun than us?
Back at the park, we unloaded our purchases then, had to make another trip back to town as I had bought the wrong size of chair booties.  Those are the little rubber things that sit on the legs of the chairs to protect the floor and man, we sure needed them on the legs of the chairs I purchased from Marybeth last year.  There are some scratches on the fancy new floor already so I will have to do another coat of varathane on the kitchen floor once all the construction is done.
The water pipes are now all wrapped and ready for the colder weather that is scheduled to hit us tomorrow night.  Bring it on!!
It was lasagna for supper tonight and John and I spent a quiet evening watching TV.  It was good to just sit and not have to do anything but relax.  I was tired from all the nonsense last night!!   Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment