Sunday, January 27, 2013

Friday, January 25/2013

It is gloomy again this morning but warm out.   I see several doves sitting in the trees waiting to be fed and since I did not bother to feed the birds yesterday, I feel bad this morning so took some seed out and threw it on the ground for them.
While I was out there, Kay yelled out exclaiming the wonders of my pyjamas (for all the park to hear).  "Nice PJs" she yells.  I had my Saskatchewan Roughrider green/white fleece pants on along with my pink nightie all covered by a blue plaid jack shirt.  Personally I think I looked rather stunning but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!  I wandered over and chatted with her for a while then Ray came out and he too mentioned what a lovely outfit I had on.  What is with these people and my outfits?
Mitch was over for a cup of coffee and since we were all standing there chatting I decided to get a cup of coffee and join the breakfast gathering - pjs and all!!  At least I had combed my hair!!
The javalina had wandered in and when I brought my cup of coffee over so I also brought a bowl of food for them too as they were quickly scooping up the birdseed I had just thrown out for the birds.  Gosh, they are like little vacuum cleaners when it comes to birdseed.
"The beggar" now has a new name.   Scarface - although not a pretty name, it is very appropriate considering the huge scar that is now running down the left side of his face.  I don't think it will ever heal properly.  He shall forever have an ugly gaping skin flap showing his huge white tooth.
Kay and I have decide to go and pick some more agave plants from the Aztec Trailer Park.  They have tons and the manager is more than happy for us to come and thin some of them.  We have several that need to be replace up at Mitch's and there are even a few that need to be replaced at Ray and Kay's.  I will have to remember to take the thick glove this time as last year, I had several pokes and scratches to deal with.  They are very unforgiving!!
There is rain headed our way and we are scheduled for about three days of it so today would be a great day to plant.  With that in mind, and buckets and shovels in the back of the truck, we headed out.  It took exactly 3 minutes for me to get so wrapped up in the hunt for agave that I stuck my hand out to lean on a nearby tree and immediately felt the very sharp thorns piercing my leather gloves and sticking into my hand.  The "tree" turned out to be a saguaro cactus - DO NOT LEAN ON THESE!!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph....never let your guard down!!  Kay was too busy laughing and asking me what the hell I thought I was doing?  Just checking the sharpness of all those thorns, that is what I was doing - what a loser I am!!
We soon had several agave plants in the buckets and headed back to the park to start our planting.  We ended up planting six plants at Mitch's and 5 plants out in the empty acres outside our two fences.  Being that they were outside the fence, they are vulnerable to the scrounging antics of the javalina so Kay and I had to haul several large stones and laid them around each plant.  Whew, now, that was work and when we were done we sat in our chairs and enjoyed a beverage.
Once we recovered, we jumped in the truck (John in tow) and went to show him a shed that could be easily converted into a man cave  - if the price was right.  We would have to move it on a roll off truck and that would create a few issues but  first, we have to see if it is possible to get it.
We then headed to the grocery store and picked up a few things then stopped at Wickenburg's newest bar and restaurant - The Wickenburg Feed Company.  It was nice and John ordered an burger and fries and Kay and I shared a "sampler" plate.  John's burger was huge and our sampler had a variety of stuff that satisfied both Kay and I.
We then headed back to the park and we stopped at Mitch's once again so that I could pick up a load of clothes that I had in his dryer. It started to rain while we were there so I am afraid that the three days of rain are upon us.  This will be so good for our newly planted agave.
We all headed back to our place to get the cards out and get into several games of "31".  As it turned out, I was the big winner of the night, crushing the pathetic attempts of the others to succeed.  Take that you bozos!!
With my winnings safely squirrelled away, and the others with their hands in their empty pockets, it
was time for all to call it a night.
The rain was still falling and it smelled wonderful.  I fell asleep with the rhythmic sound of the rain on the roof of the bus.  Life is good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment