Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friday, January 18/2013

For sure the cold weather is over.  The sun is shining and the windows of the bus are open.  There is actually warm air coming in and it is only 8:00 o'clock in the morning!!  Oh how I love the warm weather.
I quickly tidied up the bus and then checked out facebook and caught up on the blog.  Now, I am sitting here enjoying my coffee and deciding what to do for the day.
I think it is time to clean up all the bits and pieces of wood that are lying around on the patio and get the yard looking a bit better.  I will have to clean out a space in the shed as there are some good sized pieces that can be saved and perhaps used when John starts building the Arizona Man Cave!!
With that in mind, I headed into the shed and started cleaning.  Amazingly, I did not throw out much stuff.  It was mostly a case of rearranging and tidying up.  In my cleaning mode, I managed to find four lizards that were hiding out on the work bench.  They were very cold and two of them were not really moving all that well so I took the little creatures and put them on the fence in the sunshine to warm up.  At the end of the day, two had warmed up and moved on and the other two I am afraid, died.   Oh well, I tried.
Once the shed was cleaned up, I got started on collecting all the various sizes of wood and got it all arranged according to size and hauled it into the shed for storage.  Once all the smaller pieces were in the shed, I then switched jobs.  I really didn't want to tackle all the plywood pieces today.
Instead, I got the bakers table out and cleaned it up and moved it into the kitchen.  It will look just fine sitting beside the fridge once it gets in there.  Geez, there are even a few slots designated for wine bottles.  I guess it would be rude not to fill those spaces as one never knows when a nice glass of wine is in order.
I then got the two extra leaves from the kitchen table out of the shed and started getting them ready for stain and varathane.  I want John to make a coffee table out of them as we will never us them in the table.  The size of our kitchen does not allow for that.  They will be awesome as a coffee table though.  I sanded all sides of the two leaves then stained them.  I let them dry in the sunshine and while waiting, threw the birds some seeds and then sat and watched them.  I think I am done for the day.  I am getting tired!!
John was busy again putting the fireplace together and finally found all the appropriate spots for the million screws, nuts and bolts.  It looks great sitting in the corner and will make a great feature stand for the TV.
"The Beggar" came by and I gave him some pumpkin pie that I had cleaned out of the fridge yesterday.  It had been sitting in the fridge since before Christmas (yea, that's right!!) and it was way beyond time to get rid of it.  He loved it and ate it all.  He is such a cute looking little creature despite the fact that he stinks like a skunk at times.  He comes by himself - a real loner.
The "triplets" made an appearance tonight (have not seen them in a while) with two bigger javelina and one of the bigger ones noticed "the beggar" and took off after him catching him behind the shrub pile and a huge fight ensued.  The poor beggar, I think got a pounding and left the area.
When the triplets and the two bigger ones moved on, "the beggar" returned and I must say, he will no longer be hard to recognize as he is now supporting a huge gash on the left side of his face.  I could even see his huge tooth (which is normally covered except for the tip of it that extends beyond his lip) and I could not help but feel sorry for him.  I threw him some more food and he did not seem to have any trouble eating but I am sure he must be a bit sore.  Nature can certainly be harsh.  I hope he heals up without too much difficulty.
It was soon time to think about supper so I headed into the bus where I had a chicken with dressing cooking in the oven.  Add some potatoes, kernel corn and gravy and "presto", supper was ready.  It was awesome, even if I do say so myself!!
Ray and I ordered infrared heaters the other day and they came today.  The UPS man dropped them off earlier this afternoon and since Ray and Kay were not home when they came, I left them sitting in their porch.  I will get the two I ordered for the man cave back home tomorrow.  They will work great in there.
Kay and Ray returned home after being out and about most of the day today and Kay and I text back and forth until it was time to turn out the light and call it a day.  It was a good. productive day today and of course, there is more to be done tomorrow so I really must get my beauty rest!!


No comments:

Post a Comment