Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wednesday, January 16/2013

I had such a shitty sleep last night I wondered why I even bothered to try. I am up and it is still dark out and sunrise is a few hours off.  Nothing better to do but check out my facebook and find out how things are with all the facebook family and friends.
Gina, one of the ladies from back home is notorious for posting inspirational quotes and some of them are so darn good and so true that I thought I would share this one today.  It says ...... People Change, Love Hurts, Friends Leave, Things Go Wrong....BUT, remember that life goes on.       WOW!!
It is chilly again this morning but the sun is on the rise and I am sure that I will be spending some time in the afternoon sun reading my book and catching some "rays"!!
Once again, someone left dirty supper dishes in the sink...... What??   That maid is sooo fired!!  Her work ethics are undesirable and the stew wasn't even that good!!  The pickled beets were awesome though.
Once I got the bus tidied up, I decided that I wanted to have a bubble bath and take some time for me.  I find that a lot of the world's problems can be solved either in the bathtub surrounded by bubbles or picking weeds in your garden.  Since my garden is several months away, the tub will have to do.  As I settled in, Hogan stayed in the bathroom staring at me and licking his lips.  I wondered if he too wanted a bath!!  Perhaps he too has some issues he has to figure out.  Like, how he is going to get to the other side of the fence when the javalina are out there!!
When I got out of the tub, I decided to put Hogan in and I was actually surprised at just how easy he went in and how quiet he stood.  I think he enjoyed it!!  The water was warm and there were still a few bubbles left over.  I think he is quite in touch with his feminine side.  A short time later, we were both sparkling clean and there wasn't even too much of a mess around.
I then decided to clean up inside the trailer - again.  Someone keeps going in there and messing that joint up too.  I cleaned a few more things out of the master bedroom and did some more general clean up.
It was soon time to feed the birds and since I had already done lots of work today, I decided to sit and enjoy the rest of the afternoon sunshine.  I started to read through a few of the cookbooks I got from the abandoned trailer when we first arrived.  I found some good recipes too and can't wait to give them a try.
Keith and Charlotte stopped by for a quick visit.  He had forgot his sunglasses here on the weekend and came by to pick them up and drop off a dome satellite dish he had on their motorhome.  Apparently, there were two different kinds on the roof and Keith wanted to put his solar panel up so one of them had to go.  He chose to remove the dome.  He had talked to Ray about leaving it with him and Ray said that was fine.  Ray was sure he could find someone in need and give it away.
They were on their way to the laundromat and so were eager to get going.  Two hours in a laundromat is not anyone's idea of a good time unless they are like me and can lose themselves in a book.  Sometimes, two hours in a good book is just not enough time!!  I often say, one can get out of a book what they can't out of life!!  It does ring true.
The javalina came by and snacked on the chunks of prickly pear cactus that Ray had chopped up for them and I threw out chunks of cucumber and an old sausage I found in the back of the fridge today.  Oh yea, I forgot to mention that I defrosted the freezer and cleaned out the fridge today as well.
As the sun lowered in the sky, the chill of the evening set in and I was forced to close my books and head into the bus.  I had to start thinking about supper.
I had a hankering for a steak so John threw it on the BBQ while I put the potatoes in the microwave.  Nuclear Wavebox baked potatoes - quick and easy....probably not as healthy for you but definitely fast cooking!!
I did the dishes after supper so won't have to deal with them in the morning.  I really should get into the habit of doing that (since I fired the maid!!).
The rest of the evening was spent in front of separate TVs (for some reason, John did not want to watch American Idol) then it was lights out and time to sleep.  Perhaps I will actually be able to sleep tonight!!
What a novel idea!!


No comments:

Post a Comment