Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tuesday, January 1/2013

Wow~~ a new year has begun.  New beginnings, full of the anticipation of all things wonderful.  I hope that this year brings everyone what it is they want and hold dear to their hearts.
The sun is shining this morning and I did manage to sleep until 8:30 this morning so things are good.  I did not overindulge last night so feel pretty damn good today.
I have cabbage rolls to make today so have the rice on the stove cooking as I write this first blog of the new year.  Life is good!!
I headed into the trailer and got the few remaining snacks all packed up and put away (they can be munched on throughout the day) and cleaned up the kitchen so now it is much tidier in there.
Once that was done, I got the bus kitchen cleaned up then started into making the cabbage rolls.  They rolled up nicely and now await only to be cooked.  I got the roast beef into the slow cooker and soon, my jobs for the day are done.  I can now relax and enjoy this first day of 2013.  Life is good.
The sun was still shining so I headed outside to enjoy it for a while.  As I passed the 21 trim boards that I brought home yesterday, I decided to stain them so that they would be ready when we got our butts into gear and started working on the finishing touches of the trailer.
With that job done, I found myself ready to sit and enjoy the rest of the evening.  John joined me outside as we watched the antics of the silly birds and soon, the javelina came for their snacks as well.  I had saved all the cabbage trimmings for them and I must say, they enjoyed them as they were gone in no time.  I had cleaned out the fridge and found a few radishes that needed to head to the garbage and threw them into the bag with the scrap cabbage and they too were gone in no time.  I guess they like radishes too!!
John started a campfire and we sat around it for the rest of the evening.  Kay wandered over and the three of us chatted around the fire enjoying the peacefulness of the evening.  Ray eventually joined us for a while then headed back inside.  I did send a plate of food home with him so that he would be able to enjoy the cabbage rolls.
The rest of us ate when we were hungry.  Kay had never eaten cabbage rolls before and seemed to enjoy them.  Well, who wouldn't!!
John stayed up to watch the World Jr. Hockey game again - It think it is scheduled for 2:00 in the morning.    Me.....I am sleeping!!  Good Night ~ Hope this first day of the New Year was good for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment