Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday, January 12/2013

Oh dear, it is chilly this morning.  The temperature is only 3C so that is just downright nasty.  Even Hogan, our warm weather dog, is not impressed and was in and out quicker than all get out!!
In saying this though, I do acknowledge that it is VERY COLD back home and in no way, shape or form would I want to exchange weather.  -25C (-13F) at the moment and going down to -34C (-29.2F) overnight.  Now that is just crazy but I spent 53 of my years in winter temperatures such as this and don't feel one bit guilty about enjoying the Arizona temperatures.  The wonderful thing about living in Canada during the winter is that folks just keep on, keeping on despite the weather.  Life goes on....
It will be a football weekend for us as it is getting down to the final few playoff games to see who will be going to the Superbowl.  John and I have been invited over to Ray and Kay's for the games and to partake in Ray's super duper jalapeƱo "poppers".  Mitch will be bringing his KFC and we will be "grazing" once again.  Gee, I am getting to kind of like this!!  One never knows what they will be eating on days such as this.
Before we headed over and before John even got out of bed, I was in a creepy cleaning mood (not sure where that came from!!) and got the bus cleaned up and back into shape.  Who the hell makes this joint so dirty??!!  I also headed into the trailer to do some cleaning in there from the last couple of times we played cards.  There were a few dirty glasses and the floor needed a sweeping so now all our living spaces are clean and tidy.
With all my cleaning done, I was able to sit and relax.  I did some reading, got the blog caught up and managed to watch The American President (movie) for the 4th time.  Life is good!!
We headed over to Ray and Kay's and enjoyed the evening with them and Mitch.  They had a fire going in their chiminea and so when the games were in halftime or one was tired of watching, all we had to do was wander out and stand on their patio and still be warm.
The javelina came for their snacks as usual and Kay and I spent a good half hour watching them.  Some of them just stood looking at us as if they knew what we were saying to them.   They are quite the creatures and I just never seem to get tired of watching them.
I think my cold has decided to give me another whirl as my nose is plugged and runny at the same time.   Is that even possible??!!  Anyway, it is back to the drawing board with the echinecea and the decongestants for me.  Kay gave me her Day Quil to try so will get on that and see what happens.
With the games ending, it was time for us to wander back home.  I, of course, need my beauty rest so did not waste too much time crawling into bed.  John, well he stayed up to watch a movie on TV.
Tomorrow, we have been invited over to watch the other two football games at the neighbours as well, There was some mention of us taking the 42" plasma over and hooking it up to Ray's cable hookup in their garage and watching the game out there.  Now that is a good idea as at least we would know if the TV we bought from Keith and Charlotte works.  If it does, I think it will be headed to the man cave in Saskatchewan where there is a spot on the wall just waiting for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment