Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wednesday, January 23/2013

Another beautiful, sunny day is upon us.  The javalina were out early this morning and I was able to catch a glimpse of one of the original babies this morning.  My how he has grown.  He has lost all his brown and is now the same salt and pepper colour of his Mom.
Kay mentioned yesterday, that there are some paving stones available for John and I at one of the many properties that her and Ray tend while they are here and wondered if we were interested in them.  Of course we are as there is still a lot of yard work that is needed around here and every little bit helps.  They are free and so the price is right!!  All that it will take to get them is to go pick them up.
With that being said, Kay and I headed out today to do just that.  Loaded with the wheeler and some good old fashioned muscle, we got  to the site and started loading.  There were about six or seven that were real thick (at least 2") and HEAVY.  I think we nearly strained our ovaries getting them into the truck!!  Of course we were not going to be denied and we soon had several in the truck.  They will look awesome in the yard once we decide where they will be going.
We headed back to the park and there John helped us unload them.  With the truck unloaded, we decided to rest for a bit before heading back over for the final load.
Kay had a hair appointment so we decided to wait until after that.  That way, it would give us both a chance to recover!!
The second load did not take us long as we had only two of the real heavy ones to deal with.  The rest of the load was much lighter, smaller pavers that will look good as well.  There were some big chunks of wooden blocks there and we threw those into the truck too.  Hell, if they can't be used for something, they can always be burned in the fire pit.
John helped unload the second load and then it was time to throw the birdseed out and sit and relax.  John joined Kay and I today for the show.  Usually it is only the two of us enjoying the antics of the birds.
The javelina came by along with "the beggar".  Today was the first time John got to see the wound on his face.  It is still gaping and I think that it probably always will.  Like I said before, it won't be hard to recognize him now.
At one point, there were 9 javelina outside the fence enjoying the food that we had thrown out to them. Even the one remaining original baby returned for snacks tonight.  I took some pics of him and must say I am thrilled to see how he is growing.   Despite his size, he displayed some aggressive attitude towards a few of the other javelina  but I guess you can do that when your Mom is standing beside you and has your back!!
Once they wandered off, John started a fire and Kay, John and I sat around it until it was time for me to think about making something for supper.  I decided to make a couple of quick pizzas.  I find that I am obsessed by the spinach, artichoke, chicken one that I tasted a few weeks ago.  I bought the fixing for it so made one of those tonight and I must say it turned out rather well.  The sauce was a cheesy, garlic parmesan so was white - so different than what we are used to.  I had never even really thought of a white pizza sauce before.   It must have been good because there was only one piece left by the end of the evening.   I also made a regular pepperoni pizza (added some spinach to that one too) and it too disappeared!!
It was an awesome evening and the fire was great.  It was a perfect end to a good day.  Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment