Friday, January 18, 2013

Thursday, January 17/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it is already 8C so I think the cold weather is finally moving on.  Woo Hoo!!
The fact that there are no dirty supper dishes staring at me this morning is wonderful.  I really must get into the habit of doing the dishes after we eat supper.
With coffee in hand, I head for the computer to update the blog and check out the "goings on" on Facebook.
Hogan is busy this morning keeping the javalina in line.  There is one out there this morning.  We call him "the beggar" as he is always alone and comes looking for snacks without his herd.  He is a sneaky one!!
With the sun shining, I decided that today was a good day to haul the partially refurbished kitchen table out of the trailer and finally get the legs and underside sanded, stained and varathaned.  John helped me carry it out (it is a heavy sucker) and I got started.  What a lousy job it was to sand all the roughness off the legs.  Roughness I imagine due it the fact that it had been sitting outside for Lord only knows how long.  Once that was done, it was an easy job to get the stain on but I found that doing the legs with the varathane was time consuming.  Eventually I did get it done and hauled back inside.  When I put the wings down on it, I noticed that some varathane had dripped through the cracks and now the edges need to be redone.  Geez Louise, is there no end to this?
John was busy putting the 9 million nuts, bolts and screws into the fireplace cabinetry and getting that set up.  It looks like it is going to be a two day job.  One I am glad I don't have to do!!
Once our jobs were done, it was time to spread some birdseed out, sit back and enjoy....beer in hand.  The sun was warm today and by the sounds of it, the cold weather is over and there is nothing but sunshine in the forecast.  Woo Hoo!!
It was BBq ribs for supper then relaxing in front of the TV.  Another quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment