Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wednesday, January 2/2013

The sun is shining again this morning although it is chilly in the bus.  Now that the trailer has the fireplace/heater working, we brought the infrared heater back into the bus and kept it on all night.  I guess we need to turn it up cause it is chilly in here!!
I turned on the big propane heater and in no time I was shutting it off as it was too damn hot in here!!  Gosh, I just can please myself!!  Freezing one minute...Tropical Moment the next!!  When will this madness ever end?
Today John and I are supposed to be getting into gear again and getting the trim up on the walls and around the windows and doors.  It is time.
We got a call from Keith and Charlotte asking us if we wanted the TV that was hanging in their new bus as it pulls too much power/wattage/amperage for the batteries so they need one that is way more efficient.  Of course we said yes since we need at TV for the trailer and also need a big one for the man cave at home so I am not too sure exactly where this one will end up.  They brought it over and it sure looks nice.  I think it will be just fine where ever we decide to put it.
John and I got a lot of the trim up and the place now has a much more "finished" look to it.  It looks down right "homey".  When we get furniture in, it will be awesome.  Fridge and stove will be next then a couple of beds and finally the living room.
It was soon time to feed the birds and put snacks out for the javelina and sit and enjoy the last of the sunshine.  Once it is gone, it will be too chilly to sit out unless we are out by the campfire and we only have one more burn and then our wood is gone.  I really should phone the wood man and get some more ordered.  We blew through the last cord rather quickly.  The Citrus wood burns quickly and leaves a lot of ash behind so I think we will try some eucalyptus and some mesquite this time.
Once the sun set, John and I headed into the trailer to sit and admire our work for today.  We were joined by Ray and Kay and spent a few hours chatting and commenting on all the renos being done on both our trailers.
I was mucking with our hateful "smart" phone and complaining about it as usual when Kay taught me how to send a text by speaking into the phone.  Now THAT is awesome.  I am a real "techy" now!!  I sent talking texts to Kim, Jace and Casey!!  Jace sent me a message back welcoming me to the 21st century - such a smart ass!!
It was soon time to call it a day and eat supper.  Leftover cabbage rolls and beef on the menu tonight and hopefully that will pretty much clean up the cabbage rolls as I gave both Keith and Charlotte and Ray and Kay a plateful earlier today.
Of course John ended his day staying up late and watching hockey.  It is getting down to the medal rounds now and Canada is still very much in the running.  Go Canada Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment