Saturday, January 12, 2013

Friday, January 11/2013

Well, the sun is shining this morning and although the chilly weather is supposed to be arriving today, right now, it looks like it will be a nice day.  Time will tell I suppose but I shall not complain as it is horribly cold back home.
I spilt something on my bluejeans the other night so plan on taking them up to Mitch's to throw them into his washing machine.  Hopefully, it is not something (like wood stain) that will not come out.  I text Kay and asked her if she wanted to walk to Mitch's with me and offered to practise throwing horseshoes with her while the clothes were being done.  Of course she agreed because she loves to play horseshoes and takes great pleasure in kicking mine or anyone else's ass in the game.  She is one deadly player!!
The first game actually went well and I even scored some points and made it a bit of a game.  After that, it was all down hill!!  The wind was a bit nasty while we were playing and I am sure that is why my game was a bit "off"!!  Ya, that's it...it was the wind!!
Hogan walked to Mitch's with us and he had a great time checking out his place and keeping whatever little creatures that are in his woodpile in line.  He also terrorized a mole and was digging to his heart's content although we did have to back fill his excavation!!
With the laundry done and my ass thoroughly kicked, we headed back to our homes and since we found a spot that was out of the wind, we sat in the lawn chairs and watched the birds.
Ray and Mitch returned from Phoenix and the two of them and John eventually joined us to enjoy the last bit of sun.  Once that was gone, we headed into the trailer and started a game of Ship, Captain and Crew then changed to "31".
It was a fun evening although once again, I managed to loose some more of my laundry money!!  What the heck is with that?
The guys had brought back some KFC hot wings from Phoenix (since our store here in Wickenburg has closed) and I made up some veggies and dip along with crackers, cheese and pickles and we "grazed" for the rest of the evening while we played cards.  It was awesome but I swear, Mitch ate so much cheese that the poor man will not poop for a week!!
Eventually it was time for everyone to head to their beds and Kay and I found ourselves the last of the bunch.  We sat around and chatted for about an hour more then we too headed to bed.
It is chillier than all get out and I am truly glad that our pipes are wrapped and we have heat in the bus and the trailer.  Apparently, this Arizona cold snap is the first of its kind in 30 years!!  Sooo glad we get to experience it with the "locals".  Larry and Ariane returned to Arizona after their trip back home for Christmas and are now settling in once again and although I am not sure where they are staying, I am sure we will hear from them soon and will be able to catch up on all the "back home" gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment