Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Saturday, September 29/2012

It's my birthday - lets party!!  It is the 28th anniversary of my 29th birthday!!  I imagine John will wake up and fix me a gourmet breakfast complete with fresh ground coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice.  He then will do the dishes and be at my beck and call for the rest of the day.  My wish will be his command.
OK - so he hasn't got out of bed yet so I made my own coffee and fixed my own breakfast!!  Perhaps I will do the dishes and hope he at least cooks me supper!!  It is Saturday and that means steak!!
I got a cleaning bug in my arse today and decided to take all the screens out of the windows and give each one a good scrubbing.  Man, where they dirty.  When that was done, I had managed to create a lot of havoc in the shower stall so had to clean that as well.  There was actual dirt on the floor of the shower stall from the screens!!  Thank Heavens for Scrubbing Bubbles as once the foam went to work, even the walls of the shower sparkled.  With two jobs done and out of the way, I prepared to relax for the remainder of the day.
John needed my help finishing up the jeep and a few hours later I can now say the jeep is finally finished.  We even put the top on!!  It is officially ready for the trip South.
We then sat outside and enjoyed what was left of the evening sunshine and John eventually started a fire.
Gary came over for a refreshment and brought us 4 grouse breasts.  He had been out shooting and shared his bounty with us.  He only stayed for one drink then headed home for his supper.
Dave and Shirley arrived home from the wedding they attended and came over to the fire and stayed for a while as well.
When they left, john and I headed into the bus to catch the last of the Rider football game.  Saskatchewan Won!!  Woo Hoo - we are on a roll.
John cooked an awesome steak again tonight.  Add that with a bit of caesar salad and a baked potato and presto --- supper fit for a queen!!   Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment